Question for you guys

i had a harley, sold it got the busa, and i have not looked back. this is the best bike i have ever bought. you will not be disapointed in buying one.

I started out saying the same thing... that I had no desire to speed on it, etc.

After getting used to the bike, that feeling went right out the window! I have hit 160 so far and felt comfortable doing it. The bike is so stable and (as others said) it will make 50 or 60mph feel like 20mph. I've gotten rid of some of the "speed bug" in me, but if you have a Busa... it will always be there somewhere.

It's very tame if you can control your wrist. That much is true, though. No need to be scared to simply ride it.

Whoever told you that Busas are meant for wheelies, stoppies, etc is an absolute moron! The Busa is not a stunt bike. It's too heavy. Anyone who rags on the Busa is just jealous because they don't have one between their own legs...

Once you get a Busa you won't want to stop riding it... because it WILL get looks from everyone (even married women who wish they could hop on back) and it's simply a blast to ride!

As you might expect on a Busa board, nothing but raves for this bike. I felt just like you when I first sat on it....I pretended to choose beteween an R1 and the Busa but I knew what I was going to buy. The bike can be as docile as you want it to, or as spirited as you may grow to want it to. I traded an '02 Yamaha FZ1 for mine, and the FZ1 was my favorite bike ever...until I rode the Busa
smile.gif

My Busa is bike number 20 something in my career. I also own a Harley at the same time. Actually, my fifth in the HD line. I did not take the Busa over 5k RPMs once during my first two weeks/1000 miles of ownership. Wanted to get the feel for her. I said I would never take her over 120 MPH. The speedo has bumped the 170 MPH mark but that was done on a deserted road with no intersecting roads, that was riden over 4 times looking for debris or anything else that could of caused a problem. Had two LEO friends at each end making sure that no other traffic came on the road. They wanted me to make another pass but the one I did scared me too much!

Buy her as you sound ready but always respect her or she will bite your head off.

(kc5deb @ Sep. 10 2006,13:17) My question is, how hard are the busa's for a casual rider like myself to ride?  Are they too much bike, or can you ride them as tame as you wanna?  I ride 2-3 times a week for 1-3 hours at a time, and I don't want a bike that as soon as I let off the clutch, the back tire instantly burns out from underneath me.
It's not like they come with a turbo. You have to put that on later
tounge.gif

Turbo Hayabusa

And the Busa will not wheelie unless you make it wheelie. Just riding it and shifting it like you "should"... the front end will never come up. I don't think you need to concern yourself with doing an accidental wheelie... because you probably won't do one.

I've ridden mine up to 1100 miles per day
SHOCKED.gif
in rallys I enter ! So as to comfort, enough said, and I'am in my late 50's. And NO, I don't do wheelies  
race.gif

(kc5deb @ Sep. 10 2006,22:17) Ok, I currently do not own a Busa.  When I got my motorcycle license, I really started listening to what others said.  The hayabusa was always viewed negativly by the people I talked to about motorcycles, and I began to feel the same way they did about them.

I was at a motorcycle shop recently, and was still feeling about the busa like I felt about hemroids.  But,  I noticed they had a used one.  I couldn't resist; I had to sit on it to enforce my "yeah, I've sat on that crotchrocket, and it's just as ignorant as everyone says" feelings.

I can't say exactly what happened as I sat on that bike, but, it was like the souls of every hayabusa out there slapped me in the face and said "HEY, idiot, draw your OWN conclusions AFTER seeing and sitting on one".

I have NEVER sat on a bike that felt so "right" to the way I like to ride.  I instantly fell in love with the way the curves fit my body, and the way the bike felt.  I'm currently riding an older bulky and heavy Kawasaki 650, and I was so amazed at how little difference in weight the bike had.  I actually said out loud "Hey, I think I really like this thing!"

Here's where my question to you guys comes in.  I've ridden motorcycles for about 5 months now.  I'm 30 years old, and have NO desire to ride 100+mph, ride a wheelie, pull some stoppies to impress the hotties, etc, etc, etc.  I love to ride on long stretches of roads and let my days crap from work fly off of me in the wind.  I like leaning into curves, and riding a comfortable bike for long distances of highway and time; not hang onto a harley and see where the damned thing takes me.

My question is, how hard are the busa's for a casual rider like myself to ride?  Are they too much bike, or can you ride them as tame as you wanna?  I ride 2-3 times a week for 1-3 hours at a time, and I don't want a bike that as soon as I let off the clutch, the back tire instantly burns out from underneath me.  I want a bike that's heavy for long distances and can stand up to wind (I live in west Texas, so, we got tons of that).  I've heard they have the tame characteristics of a sport-tour, and I've also heard they're nothing more than wheelie monsters.  I figure I'd rather get the info from guys like yall who actually ride them.  

So, is the busa a bike for the kind of riding I like to do?  My choices for next year's purchase are either a VFR800 or a Busa, and just need some help deciding.
I was the same way when considering my Busa.. I knew what I wanted, but didn't want a bike that was going to come out from under me either.

I am totally totally happy with my Busa- My longest ride has actually only been 2 hours, and it wore me out a little but at the same time it was hot has he!! that day, so I think that had something to do with it.

I think you'll be fine if you pick the Busa. Let us know what you decide!

BUSAFETT

Bike #1 = Honda 305 Dream (Back in High School)
Bike #2 = 1980 Kawasaki 750 LTD
Bike #3 = 1995 CBR 600
Bike #4 = 2003 Busa
Bike #5,6,7,8,9,10, etc = Busa....... you get the picture!

my busa is about my 6th street bike. the 2 before her were GSXR 1100's. in 99 when the busa first came out, i was not fond of the looks of the busa. i was bikeless from '96 - '03. i had ridden a few in those years, and had heard alot about the busa as it became more popular thru the years. well in '03, a friend of mine had bought an '01, and let me ride it. well as the story goes, about 2 weeks later, i was a very proud owner of a new '03, and i wouldnt trade anything for her.

as stated above, this bike will be what you have it to be.
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif

a pic of mine:

Busa_7.JPG

I ride exactly like you do. And just like you, once I sat on her, my decision was made. After almost a year of ownership, there's no other bike I'd want to own. Oh, and welcome to the Org!

I'm also new on this site.

like 3 months ago I thit a run on a busa with some engine mods.
It was  
bowdown.gif
, the reaction and the speed are great.

I want to ask yuo guys who have a lot of year experience on the busa and riding experience. Is it worthy to buy a busa?

I live in the netherlands Antilles, we don't have such a long way as you guys in the US or other countrys but we do have a lot of guys showing around and doing some stuns on the busa. Such as   going side ways make a lot of smoke , making donuts a some more things . We do dragracing to, but I wan't to nowif it is a good bike (work and fun time) every day ride.

So guys help me about this, I can get the new 2006 busa clous blue/silver.
Is it worth to buy it for 11,000 dollars. Brand new.

race.gif

Well, so far you guys have made a convincing story for me. It'll be at least a year before I can save up enough to pay for one. I'm finding some good used ones for around $7,000. That's about what a good used VFR seems to be goin for, and if given a choice, I'd go with a busa.

I'll keep slumming around in the background watching, and as soon as I can get me one, you guys will be some of the first to know it
smile.gif

(mrbusa1982 @ Sep. 11 2006,13:02) I'm also new on this site.

like 3 months ago I thit a run on a busa with some engine mods.
It was
bowdown.gif
, the reaction and the speed are great.

I want to ask yuo guys who have a lot of year experience on the busa and riding experience. Is it worthy to buy a busa?

I live in the netherlands Antilles, we don't have such a long way as you guys in the US or other countrys but we do have a lot of guys showing around and doing some stuns on the busa. Such as going side ways make a lot of smoke , making donuts a some more things . We do dragracing to, but I wan't to nowif it is a good bike (work and fun time) every day ride.

So guys help me about this, I can get the new 2006 busa clous blue/silver.
Is it worth to buy it for 11,000 dollars. Brand new.

race.gif
It depends on what you want to do that will help you decide which bike to get. If you just want something to buzz around town with and maybe try some stunts on... don't get one. Get a gixxer.

If you want a bike to keep on 2 wheels and go extremely fast... get a Busa. It's not a stunt bike. Sure, you can do wheelies and burnouts, but that's about it. You don't see guys doing circles or stoppies on Busas (even though it's possible) because why do those tricks on a bike that weighs 500 pounds!? The Busa is a good drag bike, though. And good to roll around town looking cool on! LOL!

-- oh yeah... it's worth it. Some people would venture to say a Busa is worth 20k if that's the price Suzuki put on it.

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 11 2006,17:09) -- oh yeah... it's worth it. Some people would venture to say a Busa is worth 20k if that's the price Suzuki put on it.

Shhhh....don't ruin it for us! Suzuki might hear you!!

eek2.gif

If you're like 90% of riders with Busa's or bikes with that kind of power you WILL be hitting triple digits most likely daily.....maybe not for long stretches but much more often than a bike that has to "work" a little to get up there.

The Busa (and my CBR1100XX) hit triple digits the way most bikes hit 70.  So if you REALLY don't have the desire to go that speed, you have to ask yourself why you want a Busa?  

They're VERY easy to ride and fairly comfortable to boot.  But once you own one, the desire to go fast will always be with you and chances are you'll give into it.  Not necessarily a bad thing, but if it's not what you're looking for......
And BTW....a pre-vtec VFR (the better ones)....can be had in great condition for around $5K or less. From what you're describing, I think it's the better bike for you.

(skater69 @ Sep. 11 2006,19:44) If you're like 90% of riders with Busa's or bikes with that kind of power you WILL be hitting triple digits most likely daily.....maybe not for long stretches but much more often than a bike that has to "work" a little to get up there.

The Busa (and my CBR1100XX) hit triple digits the way most bikes hit 70.  So if you REALLY don't have the desire to go that speed, you have to ask yourself why you want a Busa?  

They're VERY easy to ride and fairly comfortable to boot.  But once you own one, the desire to go fast will always be with you and chances are you'll give into it.  Not necessarily a bad thing, but if it's not what you're looking for......
And BTW....a pre-vtec VFR (the better ones)....can be had in great condition for around $5K or less.  From what you're describing, I think it's the better bike for you.
=1 the busa sc erens at me , go faster !
race.gif
SHOCKED.gif

man you really know how to tug at a persons heart... sniff sniff.........get it and let everyone tell how fat it is, how out of date it is, how ugly it is,,,, then twist the throttle and show them how those beautifull curves slice through the wind,how some things get better with age,and how if they would quit looking through the asphalt on there windscreens and actually ever catch up with you they would understand the beauty of a fully developed lady that can and will turn into a b%tch
and stomp the living sh#d out of almost anything on the road,,, oh, i guess they would already know that because of the asphalt on thier windscreens, my BAD!!! get her treat her right and hold your head high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm new to the board also.  Let me say this "you will love a Busa"  I'm 46 year old and road bikes from around 12 years of age until about 18 and had my 1st cage.  I had no bike until I bought my Busa on Mothers Day of 2004!  I paid many visit to the HD shop and just could not see paying that kind of cash!  Got online and looked at R1 and then the Busa came up and that was the 1st time I had seen one!  When to the local dealer and sat down and fell totally in love!  My two children also love it! Big plus for me to have their approval!  A few hours later I was on my way home and just new in my heart that was one very fine machine!  It's all in the wrist!  Control it but take your time and get to know her!  28 months on mine and still doing great!  I have hit it only twice and what a rush!  Someone on a black Yamaha was fooling around with me the 1st time and I was at 162 in just a few seconds.  Very very fast and just so smooth!  I would post a picture if I could figure it out!
bowdown.gif

Back