Question for you guys

Kasey

Registered
I have a 08 busa mods are block off plates for the reeds. 1 tooth down in the front to a 17 tooth. Done the speedo healer did the x-tre K&N voodoo slip ons. Lower 4 in the rear i have a 45 tooth for the rear but still stomped me.

Now for the question my buddy has a 08 busa also he has block off plates full roaring toyz exhaust stock gearing after market wheels rc components.Stock air filter said he did a big bore kit which he said it was a cali bike and his pump went out for emisions or something idk but instead of 1340 it is now a 1347. This guy stomps my azz 2nd gear out to about 165 mph and is 13 bikes out on me i weigh 250 he is 180. What am i missing here why is he beating me so bad

bran flakes every morning! I am in your boat, not a light guy, but bran flakes do help!:thumbsup:

You need to find a weigh station and have each of ya roll onto it and see what the weight each bike is carrying with rider.

Better yet,

You and him swap bikes and try the roll ons. Then you see for sure. If you trust each other that is, :laugh:

70 lbs if you think about is almost 1 rider. 350 hp Turbo set up should even out the odds skip the bigbore. :laugh: Least till he gets one:rofl:

Same reason my 750 used to beat up the local big guys. I was 130-140 soaking wet. They were 200+ on heavier bikes. 100lbs could easily be .1 in the 1/8. 165 and roll-on's screams street racing :rulez:

I have a 08 busa mods are block off plates for the reeds. 1 tooth down in the front to a 17 tooth. Done the speedo healer did the x-tre K&N voodoo slip ons. Lower 4 in the rear i have a 45 tooth for the rear but still stomped me.

Now for the question my buddy has a 08 busa also he has block off plates full roaring toyz exhaust stock gearing after market wheels rc components.Stock air filter said he did a big bore kit which he said it was a cali bike and his pump went out for emisions or something idk but instead of 1340 it is now a 1347. This guy stomps my azz 2nd gear out to about 165 mph and is 13 bikes out on me i weigh 250 he is 180. What am i missing here why is he beating me so bad

No offense but your mods STINK!

If he in fact has a big bore kit, he would be at 1441cc which means he's making at least 30+rwhp more than you. Not to mention the weight difference everyone has mentioned...

You being 70lbs. more and 30+ HP less = you getting SMOKED!

Last edited:
Sorry it was not a big bore kit a stroker kit and yes 70 lbs is alot but with gearing i should get the jump right. Why do the mods stink?? Give me some advice besides losing 70 or him gaining 70. were are going to switch and see if there is a diff thanks so far

Gearing isn't worth that much. You have no mods to improve power at all, the tre, k&n and exhaust are worth nothing. You're already at a significant disadvantage due to weight (I'm almost 300#, don't feel bad!), and he's got more power on top of that.

Quick and dirty way is to put it back to stock gearing and spray it.

Go 1441 good head and cams still have the streetability and walk all over him, or quick route just spray it. :easy:

My vote is spray, BTW there is no way to increase displacement by 7cc's on our bikes, if you get a piston kit it will be 1441min. :poke:

Yeah I put a Power commander on my stock 04 ....only beause I needed the extra fuel when I sprayed,,,,I put a 40 shot on mine with a custom map,,and it runs like a madman pulling the wheel in the air in 3rd,,,
Not everyone likes Nos,,but a nice kit for 350.00 and a fine tuned map to get the max HP out of the shot you use, and he will be just a little dot in your rearview mirror,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:whistle::whistle:

You've got a .3 hp loss per lbs compared to your friend...
You'll always loose to this huy 'til you get at least 21 bhp more than him...
I know this ecvation is very general but you got the picture..

You need to find a weigh station and have each of ya roll onto it and see what the weight each bike is carrying with rider.

Better yet,

You and him swap bikes and try the roll ons. Then you see for sure. If you trust each other that is, :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok we swapped bikes on his bike I walked all over my own bike sad but true so power to weight is not that big I would say because it was the same results as before. I will keep working on mine till I figure it out thanks for the advice and my stinky mods lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

The reason why your mods are not the best....

"I have a 08 busa mods are block off plates for the reeds. 1 tooth down in the front to a 17 tooth. Done the speedo healer did the x-tre K&N voodoo slip ons. Lower 4 in the rear i have a 45 tooth for the rear but still stomped me."

One you over geared the bike if you are (down one in the front and up 2 in the rear... a total of 5 teeth over stock)... It may get into the rev's quicker... but you are putting the engine out of its power band too quickly. I am only 3 up in the rear, and it pulls great. I have over geared a bike before by 5 teeth and it felt quicker, but was really slower. Example my fzr 600rr I went 5 teeth up over stock went 112mph at a best of 11.9 in the 1/4 mile. Went back home and went only 2 teeth up over stock. No other changes.... next week ran 11.7's all day and went 115.5 mph in the 1/4 mile. I was not using my engines power band correctly!

The Voo Doo slip ons suck... more noise then hp! Less weight... but no real gain in power. Get a full system.... max effort Full systems are the Brocks alien head or full akrapovic or ti force! You also need a tune to help pick up power under the curve, which will help the bike to accelerate!

Block off plates dont do anything! Just makes it easier for the tuner to tune the bike. No extra O2 in the exhaust, which causes the popping everyone hears on deceleration. Its for emissions to burn extra fuel off in the exhaust.

K&N maybe 1hp!

Best I have seen for bolt on's for power and weight:

Full ti system... loose the 30-34lbs exhaust... gain 8 to 15hp with proper tune
Power 5 or Bazzaz or motty Afr tuner or a ECU reflash
Gearing I would go no more then 3 teeth up from the stock Gen 2's 18/43.
Air Filter... Piper cross or BMC... Stock is still pretty good.
Wheels 10 to 15lbs of rotating mass gone... quicker acceleration too!
You as a rider loose some weight.... not being mean here! Even us light weight guys here get beat by even lighter weight guys too!
These mods will also support a big bore kit and cams if you want to go that way too!
Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Back