Question for you all.....

lavinrac

Lav's towin service.
Donating Member
Registered
Earlier I was informed I am not able to park my bike in the location I have been parking... Normally this would not bother me, but this time it has.

The SOLE reason it bothers me so much is for the simple fact I had to move mine today while at the same time 6 others did not have to nor where they told they are not allowed to park there.(Please note this is not a motorcycle only parking space, which there are none at my work.)

I did in fact ask the other riders(who thought my question to them odd) as I have met most if not all of them... my current manager is even asking me to help him pick out a motorcycle so he can ride to work, and know there is a place he wont have to fight for a parking spot.

Now for the question...

Has this happened to any of yall before and if so how did you handle it.. I'm pretty well peeved by it. :banghead:

Earlier I was informed I am not able to park my bike in the location I have been parking... Normally this would not bother me, but this time it has.

The SOLE reason it bothers me so much is for the simple fact I had to move mine today while at the same time 6 others did not have to nor where they told they are not allowed to park there.(Please note this is not a motorcycle only parking space, which there are none at my work.)

I did in fact ask the other riders(who thought my question to them odd) as I have met most if not all of them... my current manager is even asking me to help him pick out a motorcycle so he can ride to work, and know there is a place he wont have to fight for a parking spot.

Now for the question...

Has this happened to any of yall before and if so how did you handle it.. I'm pretty well peeved by it. :banghead:

Are they turning that spot into visitor only parking or parking for someone else specific?

busa vs. cruisers????:laugh:
can you be more detail like is this regular parking space for cars, how many bikes taking one parking spot?

No the spot is not physically big enough for any vehicle other than a motorcycle, bicycle, or other 2 wheeled vehicles. Its just long...

Ive been pondering it, ill ask my direct manager tomorrow when I go in, the one that told me was my old manager who got demoted to his inability to perform his given duties and now is an overnight supervisor. I am assuming if my direct manager knew he would have at least told me or forwarded me the supposed email. Not the over night guy that says he doesnt have to prove it I just have to listen cause he said it.

maybe he does not like busa! could be personal issue, discuss it with your boss as you said!

in chicago we was told we had to buy 2 tickets to park the bikes @ a mcdonalds downtown, they made us use the same parking spot for both bikes and did in fact charge for both bikes...they have parking lot nazi's up there and you cant leave without paying they have a gate and everything....I was going to go through a fence gate and over 5 feet of sidewalk and just drive off, but my friend had already pulled up to the pay window...18$ for an hour

Tread lightly, Not worth losing your job over....

You are correct, I was just highly annoyed by it and had to vent... I am glad you all are around to convince me to be sensible at times, and ill just talk to my boss tomorrow when I go in.

Thanks for letting me kinda sorta rant a little. :)

ARGGG now if windows would just finish updating.:please:

Last edited:
You are correct, I was just highly annoyed by it and had to vent... I am glad you all are around to convince me to be sensible at times, and ill just talk to my boss tomorrow when I go in.

Thanks for letting me kinda sorta rant a little. :)

ARGGG now if windows would just finish updating.:please:
They told me at work that I could not park the bike in the spot I was using.

Since I was one of the first people to show up everyday I just started parking right next to the front door instead of close to the employee entrance. I was not violating any parking policies. I just started parking in the most annoying places I could. I even parked in the office managers regular spot (we have no reserved parking other than handicap). Eventually they let me have my spot back. It's worth a shot.

Good luck with the issue

Tread lightly, Not worth losing your job over....

+1 but settle your issues none the less. Something as minor as this given enough time and thought can start affecting other areas of your work. Good luck!

Put it on the sidewalk, thats where Busa's belong. Front and center so everyone can enjoy the beauty. :laugh:

I think you should just call your friend from Wisconsin and convince him to take care of the problem. He has nothing to do any ways.:laugh:

I had the very same problem where I work. The guy that told me to move
thinks he's God I told him when he can show me a section in the company
handbook that covers bikes I'll move. I also let him know that it wasn't my
fault that he rides a sportster. Then I just walked off.:laugh:

It all good guys... talked to him this morning and got it all straightened out... he was looking at the wrong email from the wrong location in the wrong city. Which btw I got the notice he was refering to. They didnt want anyone parking next to the Generators near the building in Houston main office.

Now I feel kinda stupid for being so frustrated. Oh well thanks for the advise and support and lettin me rant..

WOOT WOOT :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Congrats for a successful resolution. You may have turned that episode into something postive; your manager may see that a) You read more carefully than he did, and b) that you calmly kept your cool and resolved the situation....Ya never know...

in chicago we was told we had to buy 2 tickets to park the bikes @ a mcdonalds downtown, they made us use the same parking spot for both bikes and did in fact charge for both bikes...they have parking lot nazi's up there and you cant leave without paying they have a gate and everything....I was going to go through a fence gate and over 5 feet of sidewalk and just drive off, but my friend had already pulled up to the pay window...18$ for an hour

hold on... you had to pay $18/hr to park a bike at MACDONALDS :wtf:

Last edited:
Back