Question for Top Gun undertail owners

qarnaj

Registered
Quick question for those of you who have the Top Gun undertail. I noticed on mine that it didn't come with any mounting holes for the license plate bracket. Where did you guys put yours, and does anybody have a close-up pic?

im looking at a top gun also... where did u get yours and how much? ebay has some for 300ish mebe?

I just got one from 58cycles.com , and wondered the whole time if it even came with a license bracket. Most pictures don't show bike with a plate. The undertail came but had no holes in it. Had to drill all of them. The plate I just bolted on the bracket, set it up there above the tire, and scribed the holes into the paint, then drilled 'em.

Here's all my research in finding the right one: pics & such

http://www.pashnitforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171

undertail2-814.jpg

Don't drill any holes and ass up the look of your new tail, move it to the axle. It is illgal to do so in some states, not sure which, but I have never been hassled and I am sure the cops have better things to do.
smile.gif

Busa_004.jpeg

I used the supplied carbon bracket and installed it vertically on the left (as sitting on the bike) side exhaust hanger.

I don't have nearly as much chrome as Smoke, but I agree that the plate shouldn't detract from the undertail. Here are the pics of mine with chome Libertek's in the Top Gun undertail.

Leftside...
my_busa_2.jpg

Rightside...
busa_undertail_1.jpg

Rear...
busa_undertail_2.jpg

Busa_m

Can't say I care too much for the swingarm mount myself. It looks unbalanced to me having the plate on one side and nothing on the other. It's just one of those personal preference things. I ended up mounting mine to the undertail. I'll try to post some pics of the finished product after I get home tonight.

here is mine. I mounted it where it is supposed to go. I personnally don't like them mounted to the swingarm, too squid looking for me.

DSC00823.JPG

Back