Question for those of you who have the roadlock

Try picking up your bike from the rear...then try picking it up from the front :whistle:

I feel it would be better on the rear. If your steering was locked, it would be awkward to maneuver without lifting both wheels.

The roadlok guy is on here. I'm sure he would be glad to tell ya if you sent him a PM

Caliper relocation on the Gen 2.

I realize that there are 2 versions of the roadlock device for gen II. The simpler version just attaches to the stock front caliper. The more expensive version is a new caliper that replaces the stock. But the original question is why move the locking device from the back caliper to the front.

I have a gen II and would like to purchase a roadlock device but really can't see the benefit of locking the front wheel, seeing how most theft occur (lifting the front of the bike and rolling it onto another vehicle).

Lamb agrees completely. Love the roadlock for "missile". Use it all the time. It's the coolest feature having it lock the back.

Like UncleSteve said. With the location of the rear raidial caliper, the roadlock doesn't really fit. It really doesn't matter. The only thing you are doing is making the next bike look like an easier mark. If they want yours, front, rear, both won't stop them. Theywill just slide a couple of 2x4s through the wheels and walk away with it.

Last edited:
Like UncleSteve said. With the location of the rear raidial caliper, the roadlock doesn't really fit. It really doesn't matter. The only thing you are doing is making the next bike look like an easier mark. If they want yours, front, rear, both won't stop them. Theywill just slide a couple of 2x4s through the wheels and walk away with it.

True-It's only preventative, nothing is theft proof. Rear wheel just seems more efficient than front as a deterrent.

True, makes the next bike more tempting for them.

Yes, the RoadLoK is simply a deterrent - like locking your car doors even though there is simply a thin piece of glass keeping a thug out of your car.

Why did we move the lock to the front wheel? As stated above, in 08 Suzuki changed the rear wheel/brake caliper design so the Arachnid would not fit. As you are probably aware - because our product is not capable of being a "universal fit" product, and because there has been so much interest in the RoadLoK, we try to make our system as "universal" as possible. Moving the RoadLoK to the front wheel on the Busa allows the unit to also fit many other sportbike applications because many manufacturers utilize the same brake caliper mounting dimensions on the front. So rather than have a RoadLoK that fits just one make and model, the new xR fits the big four manufacturers plus Triumph.

I hope this helps explain why we went that route.

Chief X

Thanks for the clarification, that does answer the question. I do understand the reason for the design change in this day and age. It's just unfortunate that functionality and purpose has to suffer in light of commercial viability.

Thanks for the clarification, that does answer the question. I do understand the reason for the design change in this day and age. It's just unfortunate that functionality and purpose has to suffer in light of commercial viability.

Neither functionality or purpose has suffered on the RoadLoK unit not sure what answer you are looking as to why it has moved from rear of the Gen I to the front rotor of the Gen II because Daryl (Cheif) has explained it pretty clearly as to why it has moved. My suggestion to you is unless you have seen or used the RoadLoK product then do not knock it. In fact most members here use the RoadLok and very happy with it. Oh by the way which Gen Busa do you own?

Back