Question for the women on here

Nick7

Registered
So the wife and I are going to try and get pregnat shortly after I get home. How long did you all still ride after finding out you were expecting? Thanks for the help I wont lie I am pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff... I am the deffinition of a newbi lol

So the wife and I are going to try and get pregnat shortly after I get home. How long did you all still ride after finding out you were expecting? Thanks for the help I wont lie I am pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff... I am the deffinition of a newbi lol

Not a woman, but are you asking about riding motorcycles or something else?

you should ask the OB....if you ride often then things wont change until prob close to 6 month 5 or 6? Everyone is different. But of course your risk of an accident is must greater on a bike than in a car...

your right chris but I need to know and I know a lot of woman are on this site and figured they would have a better idea.

Ok, I will be serious, follow the ladies advice and ask her doctor. Thats the best way.

That's a personal decision. I know a gal that rode right up until she delivered on the back of her hubby's Harley, through each pregnancy...

That was not for me...I was learning to ride when I found out I was pregnant with my second; I was about 8 weeks along and had no idea I was pregnant, but as soon as I found out, I stopped riding...just my choice...

I was high risk with my pregnancies anyway, so I didn't want to add to that risk at all...

Every scenario is different...

if she has been riding with you for awhile then she can still ride as long as she wants as long as its comfortable for her. but once she get to 6 or 7 months that belly might be to much for you to handle(it being behind you and all LOL)

if you ask the doctor thats what he/she will tell you. she can keep doing things she HAS been doing, but not to start anything stressful or anything while shes pregnant. so if she has been lifting 15-20lb boxes, she still can as long as its comfortable for her.

my wife rode horses and she asked if she could still ride. she said exactly what i just posted. so she rode up until about 8 months the i didnt really want her riding incase something happend

Ok, I will be serious, follow the ladies advice and ask her doctor. Thats the best way.

Yep, gotta ask the doc and take their advice.

That being said, my wife is expecting and chose not to ride at all this year. As a matter of fact she stayed off all the toys.

I rode up until my fourth month with my first pregnancy. Your best bet is to ask her doctor. Every woman is different and what is good for one may not be good for another.

Good luck:thumbsup:

Thanks guys and gals! I hope she doesnt want to stay off all the toys because I love those nights out on the boat! But one of the best parts is taking the bike to the lake to get on the boat!

It's 9:23 an you still online you will never get her pregnant staying on the forums:rofl: now get busy:rulez: :laugh::laugh: wwhhhhooopppsss time difference my badd

My OB told me as soon as the stick turned blue aka found out I was pregnant, no more riding. Something about the vibrations while being on the bike. She also mentioned the risks of accidents on motorcycle vs car. I was high risk.

I will tell you that on one odd day we had both my car & hubby's truck in the shop at the same time. The only vehicle we could commute on was his bike; I was of course the passenger. I was four months along and we were almost wiped out by a guy win a white BMW not paying attention. I then made the decision to not get back on the bike while pregnant.

Good luck on getting pregnant! Sometimes it can take a few tries, but the fun can be in the trying. :laugh:

Thanks for the advice. I am not a fan of her riding after the stick turns blue because I am a very perinoid person. Yeah we have tried before I left and on R and R with no luck so hopfully we will have better luck this time.

Back