Question for the turbo Gods

CruzinBusa

Registered
I have been trying to decide which way I want to go. All moter big bore or turbo moter. If I got the big bore installed does that make the motor too fragile for turbo use? I would like to make a little north of 250 whp, would I get any benefit from the increased displacement with a turbo? Am I just wasting my time and need to save the eight grand for a turbo? Thanks for the imput. I appreciate the help.

That waas what was begining to make sense as I was typing my question lol. Thanks for taking the time to answer this for me.

From what I've been reading if you try to go north of 250 all motor, it won't be streetable.

I spent a grand total of 5k on my kit including tuning and full exhaust. Got me 226hp. Makes this guy happy! :cheerleader:

Once you choose either build anticipate spending more than you initally lay down. There many upgrades and "while the engine is apart add these other parts also" moments...decide on a limit and build the best package that you can afford and know the risks of what else can be a weak link. I support the turbo deal but it was fast enough before...and I'd do it again if the situation presented itself.

Stay with the stock bore if you go the turbo route.

What will be the purpose of this bike? Street only? Strip only? Long distance riding? Bar hopper?

IMO anything more than 240hp on the street is in most cases over kill. Yes you can ride a 500hp turbo bike on the street but once you reach 240+ it requires right hand discipline and you rarely use more than 240 on the street.

It gets pretty hot in OK so big bore and high temps can be an issue you may have to deal with. I still have only one fan on my 300 hp turbo bike that I ride in the desert of Las Vegas and only have one battery to start her up.

Good luck with your build whatever you choose. Do it the right way the first time you tear into the engine and build it right. Set your hp limit from the start and build it that way.

Sounds like a plan James. Thanks everyone for the great advice. I will now start my research into the turbo system. I have installed them on cars, but I would prefer to let someone better prepared than I do it on the bike. 240 to 250 would be my goal. I dont want to build a bike that isnt fun to ride. Thanks again for all the help.

Back