Question for the board

BigSimp

Donating Member
Registered
I have been away for while, you know job life that type of stuff. But since I stretched my bike, I have noticed a little bit of oil under her after rides, no a pool, just a few drops, which now looks pretty bad now because I tend to store the bike in the same spot. I have check th sight class with bike up on my lift and there is plenty of oil, it right around the full line. The only thing I can figure is that since I no longer have a belly pan, I am seeing stuff that would have normally been caught by it. Anyone else seeing this.

Is it coming from the engine area? Or maybe from the chain...what kind of lube do you use?

Is your filter tight of have you over filled it when you did a change ? Remeber that when you stretch it that changes the way the bike sit so your level window can be off

With stretching, could have blown a rear shock seal to whear it is only leaking a bit. Whatever it is though, you need to get it fixed before you do much more riding. Don't want it to let loose and hit your rear tire with oil. It won't turn out pretty.

Hmmm. the belly pan is not there to catch oil....Maybe over filled (leaking through the breather port and running down....or a loose oil line??? mine 1st gen started leaking on the left side from one the oil supply lines in the bottom, the vibration had loosened the bolt..the oil trickled and ran down the oil pan....put it on a rear stand , clean up, and then let it run for a bit, you will be able to see where the leak is coming from, remove the tank and inspect the engine. It can also be the chain as BA said, if you have overly saturated it with lube or cleaner

Pretty sure stretching it didnt cause the problem, Unless as stated above its the shock, but not likely.

Clean it up, Start the bike and see if you can see where it originates, Other than stretching have you done anything else, Changed the oil / Stator cover / Clutch Cover ect.

Its not the the shock as I have a Dapincci Air ride. I have notice this problem for some time, before and after an engine rebuild. So everything has been off and back on Multiple times. in Chasing this leak down I replace clutch side gaskets, checked and recheked my clear clutch mod area. Like I said it not much only a few drops when the bike sits, but its bugging me.

Is your clutch fluid low ???

It could be the clutch slave cylinder leaking.

you know never thought about that, I have only been looking for oil leaks.

I was reading down to see if someone mentioned it...but also check your brake fluid...look to see what's low to see if you can narrow it down a bit and make sure if it's the oil or not

Since you streched it, did you put any stress at all on the line?

If it does appear to be oil...check the oil line on the right side of the filter (if it's a gen II) that is held in with the two allens. You have to be careful there, too loose and it can leak...too tight and it'll be easy to strip and then leak...

Last edited:
happened to me, FUN let me tell you... but not the oil filter gasket...the oil drain plug...I was doing my thrusday night ritual of the "City" twisties with my friend noah...and that night I was on my 14 and not on the busa...well...after stopping for gas after a very "spirited" section of sprints and twist, we took off and on the curved on ramp to the freeway my rear slid to a 90 degree angle....my friend thought i was drifting on purpose, well....to say the least, vibrations let the plug loose...or like we concluded..the BUSA scared the piss out of the 14...literally....:laugh::laugh:

Back