Question for our canadian brethren

A'Busa'd

Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking at a motorcycle tour of the Canadian Rockies. Planning in advance, I'm thinking July/August of 07.

Question is, do you think the Busa will be good for the roads? Never having been there, I don't know what to expect. Would consider buying an "adventure bike" of the Suzuki/BMW/KTM sort if the roads are questionable. When the pavement runs out, you're kind of out of luck on the Busa.

Sure would appreciate some route suggestions and would like to meet up with some of you if it's possible. Planning about a 2-week deal.

Thanks in advance!

I get saddle sore fast, but if you have a busa the trip would be awesome. I run the rockies about 15 times per year, and love the drive.
Do it.

I did a 2,000 mile treck to Alberta two years ago on an Intruder 800. I would loved to have been on my busa then! We went up to the Jasper Natl Park and the Ice fields, Lake Louise and Banff! It was fabulous!!!! That trip is what made me buy the Busa. Riding that little bike was ok but made me know that I needed something more comfy. The next year I took another 2,000 mile trip down through Oregon (on my new Busa) and it was fabulous. The ride was good and I never got sore. We took our time and the longest day was 385 miles.

The roads in Canada were GREAT!! We only encountered construction twice and it was very minor. A few patches of gravel, well groomed.

Keep a watch out for wild life. It is plenty and very cool! We saw everything from moose to bear right along side the road. Take lots of pics!!!

Back