Question for 'Howlin'

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Hey Marc...I think yer the man to answer this one . Gonna invest in a new lid , what is the coolest runnin' helmet on the market these days . I'm sick of boiling what little brain cells I have left . Any idea ? Or anyone else "in-the-know" .
thanks man.......Rubber Sided Gown .

Hey Marc...I think yer the man to answer this one . Gonna invest in a new lid , what is the coolest runnin' helmet on the market these days .  I'm sick of boiling what little brain cells I have left .  Any idea ?  Or anyone else "in-the-know" .
                   thanks man.......Rubber Sided Gown .
I personally think Arai has the best venting system of all the helmets out there. The new Corsair is a great helmet. All be it that I have a Shoei. I will get the Arai next... If they come up with a design that has cool Dragons on it!
biggrin.gif

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Hey RSD, the top line Arai is gonna pull some serious CDN from your wallet dude.
I think they're over 8hun, but I've tried one one and they are extremely comfortable.
Hey Howlin you could always get some dragon airbrushing done on your helmet, then it would be your own, not what
everyone else is wearing.

Hey Rubberside,
I have worn both Shoei and Arai helmets for awhile, I prefer Arai only because the they tend to have a smaller over all exterior profile. I wear a Medium Arai where with Shoei I have to wear a large. Basically I do not think you can go wrong with an Arai or a Shoei, they are both built to the highest standards and there is alot of pride in workmanship put behind them.

They're both good stuff.

Hey Rubberside,
 I have worn both Shoei and Arai helmets for awhile, I prefer Arai only because the they tend to have a smaller over all exterior profile.  I wear a Medium Arai where with Shoei I have to wear a large.   Basically I do not think you can go wrong with an Arai or a Shoei, they are both built to the highest standards and there is alot of pride in workmanship put behind them.  

They're both good stuff.
me too on all accounts. I think the Arai fits way better.

Yeah I guess it all comes down to head shape, I guess the Arai just fits an oval head better...

I must have a wierd-shaped melon because I couldn't find an Arai that fit me. The Shoei X-11 is nice

I posted these on another thread....it's what I'm wearin' now.
Kind of Dino , 10 yrs old , recently painted thou , to match my 2000 gixxer 750 . Cost a couple o' bucks to have it pro painted . If anybody can use it, give me a shout,I'm sure we can work somethin' out . It will match yer 2ooo gix Perfect.
It's a medium...head size 7-7 1/8....57-58cm.
I'll post 3 or 4 pics....the Gix....the helmet....
Have a good evening ...... "Rub'her Man".

Hey RSD, forgive me for having to point this out but you should buy a new helmet that one looks kinda old.
ya monsta....it's outa here...almost bought 1 yesterday,still trying to decide . This Arai will be gettin' shipped off to someone that might want it for a spare ,or an' extra selling feature,g/f lid,whatever . It's just kind of a shame to kick it to the curb , after having it painted an' all .

I must have a wierd-shaped melon because I couldn't find an Arai that fit me.  The Shoei X-11 is nice
A lot of not fitting in the helmet depends on the sales help you get and your knowledge of the helmets. The shell shapes come in the different models. Also some just fit in a Shoei!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

The X-11 is a great helmet!

A related question. I'm buying a new lid soon and I think i'm going to go with a full/open design (where the chin bar raises also). Is there any fundamental reason that I shouldn't consider buying one of these. Just need a second (or however many) opinion. I kind of like the option of getting more air and access to my mouth (for drinks, cigs, etc) while i'm sitting in traffic without removing my helmet.
Thanks, Chris

A related question.  I'm buying a new lid soon and I think i'm going to go with a full/open design (where the chin bar raises also).  Is there any fundamental reason that I shouldn't consider buying one of these.  Just need a second (or however many) opinion.  I kind of like the option of getting more air and access to my mouth (for drinks, cigs, etc) while i'm sitting in traffic without removing my helmet.  
Thanks, Chris
None that I can think of. They seem like a great helmet.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Back