Question About The Oem Steering Dampener

Ham

Registered
Just want to know if you can add thicker oile to the dampener to make the front stiffer or is the only way to go aftermarket.

Yes you can and I've done it on mine. Is it light worlds different? No but it's a fairly cheap and simple mod to do that will yield results. With that being said it didn't even come close to the Ohlins Steering Damper I installed later on down the road.

Ohlins, Scott and GPR are common aftermarket ones- the preference for them comes from the adjustability. Oil can be changed in the stocker, but I have an ohlins on my Gen I and a GPR on my Gen II.

Yes you can and I've done it on mine. Is it light worlds different? No but it's a fairly cheap and simple mod to do that will yield results. With that being said it didn't even come close to the Ohlins Steering Damper I installed later on down the road.
whats the procedure for changing the oil, and what weight to use. My cell phone mounts in my stem

The ohlins can be mounted in the stock location...

I experimented a bit with different weight oils in my OEM steering damper, from 7.5 wt to 50 wt. I ended up staying with 7.5 wt fork oil. Up to 30 wt was okay in the summer but in winter it was waaaay to stiff. I settled with 7.5 wt because it is good year round.

after going with upgraded front forks with a famous UK tuner and fitting Ohlins TTX rear shock.

I TOOK MINE OFF, why with sorted suspension the busa dont need a damper not with 25 degreee rake and long wheelbase.

i ride mine hard, it turns into curves faster and she never shakes her head.
the ZX14R performance sport has no steering damper either

if you like slow steering then go ahead and place thick oil in your damper (y)

Noob question....
Do most of the serious go-fast hayabusa guys take them off completely?

i tried 30wt , ipersonally found the bike steered very slow, and considered it too dangerous for the twisties

mine is off

Back