question about the mototeck undertail?

birdaprey

Registered
for those of you with the mototeck undertail...
how well do people see the blinkers?
do you wish after you got it that you had got another type?

I love mine and bikers look for the turn signals cagers will run over you even if you had big neon flashing blinkers

There is more than one Mototeck undertail. I have the one with extra turn signals along the under-sides.

I do think this creates more amber light for people to see. It is also in four separate locations visible from the rear. (Two each side)

It is probably safer to stay with the stock set-up. But with undertails, this one has a lot of amber.

m1001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is more than one Mototeck undertail.  I have the one with extra turn signals along the under-sides.

I do think this creates more amber light for people to see.  It is also in four separate locations visible from the rear.  (Two each side)

It is probably safer to stay with the stock set-up.  But with undertails, this one has a lot of amber.
so what your saying is that the brake light at the "tail end" blink's with the small one's under the tail?

if so, then that sound good!

In addition to the LED tail/brake lights in the round tail light assemblies, there are also amber bulbs that work along with the extra turn signals along the sides.

These amber bulbs are mounted inside the clear plastic lenses, below the LED tail lights. So those round lenses will glow bright red from the LEDs, but also flash some amber when the turn signals are on.

The amber bulbs throughout the undertail are conventional, not LED, and are all the same type. I'm not sure what the part numbers are for those, but they are a common bulbs you can probably get at an auto parts store. (Which isn't to imply the undertail comes without bulbs -- it comes with all four amber bulbs and the two LEDs.)

I installed the first mototek undertail on my ride...I replaced the large underlights with higher wattage ones from LP (same size just more light) I also replaced the stock 194 ambers in the tailights themselves with some high intesity LEDs I found (after much searching). I think the setup is sweet and clean, There are also enough blinkers that i can use my saddle bags and not worry about hiding my turn signals.

DSCF0028.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back