Question about the HMF High Mount Dual for gen 1 Hayabusa

Supaguy2u

Registered
I am debating on spending the cash on the HMF H/M Dual for my busa but I heard that if the bike is lowered the pipes might rub. Is this true? My Busa is lowered and I do not want to run into this problem. I figured it might since the pipes run behind the rear pegs and run close to the undertail. Any input? Thanks in advance!

I have Devil high mount pipes and no clearence issues with swing arm.I love the look of them up high.Shows more of the wheel.

tha HMF's will rub on any bike if they are not installed correctly...the lower it is, the more problems you are going to have...i am lowered approximately 3/4 of an inch and it was a pain to get them set up right (but definitely worth it!!!)...i don't know of anyone who has lowered their bike any further and gotten the exhaust to work...you can see in this pic just how close it runs to the swingarm

img_0006 (Large).jpg

ive lowered mine inch and a half up front, two and a half in the back running hmf high mounts with no clearance issues but i spent the better half of two days fitting the exhaust just right

HMF are great....take the time to bully them into the correct location of set up. Yes it takes time and effort to put them where they go. NO issues. Old pic the MULLET before 330 and HMF moddifiacations:laugh:
This pic is with the air ride all out....slammed and I could ride no rub.

DSCN0944.jpg

Rear shot with air up.

Oh and since your a newbie...pic of the MULLET after the HMF one-off full moddifications.:laugh:

DSCN0872.jpg

DSCN1569.jpg

had my Busa lowered 2" in the rear w/this exhaust, no prob...used the 3-hole links out back n a Vortex triple to bring front down 3/4" too:thumbsup:
no rubbin issues-but BE PREPARED, this setup is time-consuming to install bcuz you have to get brackets behind the pass. footpeg mounts on both sides, just FYI

still baddest-sounding pipe Ive heard for a Bus, IMO:bowdown:

*sorry she's so dirty:whistle: just got done doing donuts in a blizzrd w/it:laugh:*
not much to do w/a Busa in january when u live in WI....

BusaBlizzard 011.jpg

I have HMF highmounts also...no rub issues. I am loving the shorty exhaust. Can these cans fit on the highmount headers?

I have HMF highmounts also...no rub issues. I am loving the shorty exhaust. Can these cans fit on the highmount headers?

Back