Question about sport boots.

Frantik1

Registered
I need to expand my riding gear and Christmas time seems to be the best bet. I've somewhat narrowed my choices down to Setup boots, either the Gran Prix, or Pegaso H20. The Tourmaster Solution is still being considered.  So far the Pegaso H20 seems to be what I'm after. The Setups are European sized in 46=11.5 and 47=12.5.  Plus I understand the Setups, like Sidi's run a little narrow.  I wear size 12E usually, although some work and hunting boots I wear 12D.  OK the question is, anyone have these boots? Can anyone recommend what to do with Euro sizes when you fall in between sizes? Anyone with a wider foot wearing Sidi's or Setups? I don't have anyplace even remotely local who carry boots to try on, so I'll be ordering from Newenough.com. I just don't want to be playing the shipping game if I don't hit it right the 1'st time.
Any advice??

I just bought a set of these Setups. I like them a lot although I think the run big. Ordered a size 45 but a little big on me.

Metric bikes has a sale on the SETUP Vision Black. Look good to me.

runeight...

SUPEGASO.jpg

Just a recommendation, but stay away from any boot that uses too much velcro as a closing method.

(runeight @ Nov. 26 2006,09:14) I just bought a set of these Setups. I like them a lot although I think the run big. Ordered a size 45 but a little big on me.

Metric bikes has a sale on the SETUP Vision Black. Look good to me.

runeight...
Thanks for the feedback on the Setups. definatly helpful.
Metricbikes is a pretty good site too, never heard of them before. Thanks.

(Juggler @ Nov. 26 2006,10:28) Just a recommendation, but stay away from any boot that uses too much velcro as a closing method.
I agree, but seems everyone uses it. At least on everything that I'm looking at.

(runeight @ Nov. 26 2006,11:15) vision boot..
Do the visions have zips? I like the way they look, unless you're more of a tourer you might want to consider these hyper. Good sport/race boots are REALLY comfortable.

I just ordered a pair of Sidi Vertigo's...at 275.00 I hope they are good!
rock.gif

(Shibumi @ Nov. 26 2006,11:42)
(runeight @ Nov. 26 2006,11:15) vision boot..
Do the visions have zips? I like the way they look, unless you're more of a tourer you might want to consider these hyper. Good sport/race boots are REALLY comfortable.
Yes the Visons have zips. I think they are around $129. I love the look, and I'm sure they offer more protection, but I'm kinda leaning towards a more useable sole. I guess you could say I am more of a touring rider. Kinda agressive touring though.

Maybe check out diadora if you dont want to spend alot on a nice set of boots. i got mine for 189, very comfy after you get them broke in.

Back