question about rims

unfuquitable

Registered
I have a busa with stock rims, but has been rebuilt for drag. should i change rims to drag rims which i still can ride on street safely.

If you can get some magnesium rims that would be a nice addition for any drag bike. I would not waste my money on any rims that are not lighter than your factory wheels.

all aluminum rims can be run on the street and are way lighter then stock. u might want to steer clear of the CF rims for the street but plenty use em and do fine but if they splinter their useless. with alum u can at least repair.

what has been done to the bike?

engine rebuilt and powered for turbo and/or NOS, but I haven't been on any drag strips. I would just like to play on the street for the most part, but i may find a day when i want to drag. I just want to know if they're safe for everyday riding. Here are the rims. Stock on my bike right now.
00505_hPvmhQ7rsgv_600x450.jpg

I would weigh those wheels, as they are likely much heavier than stock.
There are only a handful of true "performance" lightweight wheels available. Then there are a lot of wheels designed just for looks, and weight isn't taken into consideration. Most of them are much heavier than stock.
You can also use certain year model gsxr or R1 wheels, as they are lighter than the Busas. Other spacers and parts are needed if you use either of them.
As long as the wheels you have aren't damaged, and the wheel bearings are in good condition, then they are fine to run on the street, or drag race.
Drag racing is whatever you make it. Just want to have fun? That's the best way, run whatcha brung. Work on your launch and shifts to improve. Want to go as fast as possible? Prepare to spend every penny.

Back