Question about rad replacement.

07BusaPilot

Registered
Hello. So just picked up a first gen Busa ( 07 ) and love everything it offers. I have discovered the issue of running hot while sitting in traffic and have found a pile of solutions through out this forum. I'm looking at a lower temp sensor, muzzy fan blades and a bypass switch. I'm wondering if a second gen rad with its twin fans would fit directly into a first gen bike. I've read the second gen was a slightly "larger" design. I'm just thinking it might be easier to get a complete set up rather than getting another fan mounted into my existing. Thanks in advance.

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
The gen 2 radiator is not any larger than a gen1

But to do the swap, you need the radiator, fans, hoses, and you will also need a Temp sensor re locator.
The Gen 2 radiator does not have a temp sensor in it.

How hot does the bike get, there is a good chance that there is a air bubble in your radiator

07BusaPilot

Registered
It's not too bad yet. Yesterday at a light gauge crept pass the halfway mark, fan engaged and it continued rising. Traffic started moving and the needle went down a bit but stayed above the line. My concern is that summer really hasn't hit here, temp wise, ( Toronto Canada ) and when it does things get super warm / humid. Any suggestions as far as coolant choice goes ? I've heard don't mix with distilled water, mix with distilled...

Rocketmn

Registered
When I went to the Muzzy aluminum blade, it solved the problem. Pretty easy and inexpensive also. Try that....

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcs