Question about Pitbull Stem Stand

tinmann840

Registered
I just got a pitbull triple tree stand in the mail and either I can't figure out how it works or it's defective. Is it suppose to lock in the upright position ? and if so how?

OK,, lots of stuff here,

1st, be on the rear stand before you attempt to put it on the front.

2nd, the clearance is tight, you might have to play with it to get it in there, if your bike is lowered it is going to be REAL tight. Make sure the stem pin is angeled the right way.

3rd, get that stand in the lower triple carefully, while it is partly folded up, position it, and press down HARD.

THis is probably going to freak you out the first or second time you do it, but they really are stable once it is up.

Review,
rear stand,
pin at proper angle,
insert pin,
press hard down.

If you are really nervous have somebody spot for you. Once you get the hang of it it's a piece of cake.

Oh, I think it's a #6 pin

I haven't mounted the new upper cowl fairing or front fender I got yet so that should make things a little easier.

I wrapped a cloth around the part that holds the pin so it won't scratch the fender. Also, as I slide the stand in, I offset it slightly to the side, off the crown of the fender which provides more room until the pin is well under the cowl.

any of you guys have trouble with the stand hitting on the bottom of the upper, once the bike is in the air???

super.gif
PM -->
Glyn @ May 02 2008 said:
1401185[/ATTACH] PM]
OK,, lots of stuff here,

2nd, the clearance is tight, you might have to play with it to get it in there, if your bike is lowered it is going to be REAL tight. Make sure the stem pin is angeled the right way.

3rd, get that stand in the lower triple carefully, while it is partly folded up, position it, and press down HARD.

THis is probably going to freak you out the first or second time you do it, but they really are stable once it is up.

Review,
rear stand,
pin at proper angle,
insert pin,
press hard down.

If you are really nervous have somebody spot for you. Once you get the hang of it it's a piece of cake.

I got the #6 pin today and it worked like a charm. Thanks
ThumbsUp.gif

DSCN0391.JPG

super.gif

super.gif
PM -->
Glyn @ May 02 2008 said:
1401231[/ATTACH] PM]
OK,, lots of stuff here,

Review,
rear stand,
pin at proper angle,
insert pin,
press hard down.

I got the #8 pin today and it worked like a charm. Thanks
ThumbsUp.gif
Pit bull lists a #6 pin for the Busa?

super.gif

Back