Question about lowering fork tubes

TMan05

Registered
I used soupys spacer and now have my handle bars raised. Now I need help on the actual sliding of te forks towards the stock triple tree.

Any easy tricks on how to access those 12mm bolts on the lower fork tubes. Is there a way to take off just the black cowling underneath?
Thanks in advance guys!
Gen II btw

I am actually preparing to swap my forks/triple and what I have found is the front needs to come off. seems to me it would make it easier. (i have read) the front comes off pretty easy* haven't tried it yet but will soon as my parts come in. hope this helps,

Little update....

I was able to access the lower two bolts on the lower triple tree from underneath by the front fender and I was able to access the top two bolts on the lower tree from the top just above and sometimes below the handlebars. If u have a set of rachet box end wrenches, makes life a whole lot easier. Don't ask how I know lol. Messge me if u have any
?'s

T

I can't recall having any issues with my Gen I, haven't looked at the Gen II, wouldn't think there would be that big a difference but could be wrong. If you loosen those clamps carefully the bike just slides down slowly until it bottoms out. Did mine without help. If I think about it I'll look at my Gen II tonite. Good luck.

You might want to do something to secure the plugs on top of the top clamp. One of mine came up missing after I did this mod on my '06, and several guys on here stated they had lost some too.

Dad Of three... I read ur post wrong. Yeah I have to order some because I ruined the ones I had on there trying to get them off

And yes u can access the bolts without taking the fairings off. Rachet box end wrenches do the trick. Harbor freight $20. Get the swivel head ones to make it even easier

Dad Of three... I read ur post wrong. Yeah I have to order some because I ruined the ones I had on there trying to get them off

And yes u can access the bolts without taking the fairings off. Rachet box end wrenches do the trick. Harbor freight $20. Get the swivel head ones to make it even easier

Yep. Take your time. Wiggle the bars around if necessary to allow more room to work with.

Back