Question about iphone charger

TMan05

Registered
Hey guys,
I was trying to figure out what I need to do in order to connect my iphone charger so I can use it on the bike. I don't know whether it would be easier to go straight to the fuse box with just the usb cord or try a cigarette lighter type deal. Anybody tackle this yet and have pics of what you got. I have a ram stem mount with slim line cradle and want to keep a real low key, hidden setup just having the plug be exposed at the bottom of the cradle. Thanks in advance!

P.S. If you need a pic of what I have I can provide...

if you already have the harness for the battery tender, then just buy a "female" cigarette lighter adapter:
Female Cigarette Adapter - Accessories - Batterytender.com

adapter.jpg

no harness.. i ride all the time and don't use a tender.. I found something on pashnit that looks like a complete setup for about $45 but I was trying to use what I have already... my wife is gonna kill me if i buy anything else... thanks for the quick response though!

Go with the 3BR Powersports outlet from Pashint. Thats the best way to go!

A complete set up for $45 is probably the way to go. Trying to wire in a USB cord is not a good idea. USB usually supplies 5V, not sure a 12V supply without something to cut it down would end well.. A cigarette lighter cord would supply the right voltage.

Back