Question about Insurance

Dola225

Registered
I am 22 years old male and proud to say I just bought a 04 Busa with 800 miles on it!

I was checking on insurance and it is astronomical! I was wondering if my father who is 61 years old takes out the policy and puts me as a secondary driver if that would bring the price down dramatically?
rock.gif

I am from Chicago Illinois. If anyone knows good coll. comp. insurence for a younge guy ith a decent record please feel free to inform.

Lastly, NIce to meet you all and I hope to learn A LOT from all your years of expirience!

Take Care

Try State Farm, Liberty Mutual, Farmers, or any other carrier that bases the premium more on the cc of the bike than the reputation. You can do a search here for insurance, there's been a million topics on it. I've seen prices from $200/yr to over $5000/yr.

Good luck.

I tried posting in the Insurance section but it won't allow me to post there for some reason?
rock.gif
I am looking for comprehensive and collision. Don't want ot take a chance.

welcome.gif
to the org. You may get cheaper rates w/ you Dad as Primary
but most prices for someone under 26 and not married on a sport
bike will be a arm and a leg. State Farm seems to be pretty good
on rates. Good Luck
thumb_up.gif

you can go to progressive.com and get a quote online in a few seconds thats who I have im 40 great driving record about 1300 a year im sure chicago don't help the rate

aaa.JPG

I would suggest State Farm, that is who I use, but I dont know what the rates are at your age. It will drop some when you turn 25. Other than that, you may have to put your father as the primary and you as the secondary for while.

Your age is going to be the determining factor. I have State Farm and it's $46 a month full coverage with a $500 deductible.

im in the 5k a year bracket in fact 535 a month for just the bikes part of the insurance or 300 a month through state farm for my car, and bike

BTW, full coverage is seen differently for every person. That first series of numbers 100/300/50 for example is your liability and has nothing to do with the cost of your bike. It covers your @ss should you mess up and are found to be at fault. But only up to that point.

For example, let's say you are at fault in a traffic accident (not paying attention, trying to beat that light, missing a STOP sign, getting caught in the rain, etc.) and the other person is seriously injured, disabled, or dies. They are going to sue you and your father for a lot more than the 100,000 in coverage...more like in the millions and that's not an exaggeration. Your ins. co. is going to write that $100,000 check and the rest will be the responsibility of you AND your father since his name is listed as the primary.

If your father is going to be on the policy he'd better have an umbrella policy for about $1-2 million which will only cost him between $350-500 annually. Also, you will have to raise your insurance to 250/500 in liability like I have along with my $1 million umbrella policy. You must have your auto with SF to get the great rates for motorcycles.

Back