Question about HID lights?

RUQWKNF27

Registered
Are you guys just plugging the kits up or are you using relays. Seems I read somewhere that some have had interference happen with the gauges from the ballasts with the HID's. I ordered two kits from DDS so just trying how to do it right!

I had them in my 08 with no relays and no problems too. If i remember correctly ( which is a big if) it was the genI peeps that needed the relay. :dunno:

Like Boo said... mount the ballasts as far away from the gauges as you can to prevent the interference issues. It only has to be a few inches away to prevent it. I had mine mounted under the right hand dash panel.

NO relays here, no issues with the gauges. (genII)
I do push the starter button in and then pull the clutch lever in when starting the bike to prevent the current draw.

OK guys this is a Gen I . I'm going to mount the box's away from gauges and cross my fingers. Tks for feedback.

OK guys this is a Gen I . I'm going to mount the box's away from gauges and cross my fingers. Tks for feedback.

Worst thing that can happen is you have a small problem and require a relay.
If not you save a few bucks by trying without it first.

Are you talking about a relay or delay? I do not have a realy hooked up to mine and I have not issues.. I DO have a DELAY hooked up. The delay was so that the light would not draw too much power on start. Some say it did some say it didn't. I have mine set at 20 secs. So after my bike is on and running for 20 sec, my hid pop on.

BTW I have a Gen 1

I bought an actual relay and harness for HIDs.There is a shop that does installs here and they recommended this and I havent had any issues.Supplies constant 12 volts to the ballast for low beam.I mounted mine to the left ram air tube right under the dash panel cover.Used heavy duty velcro

Back