Question about Harley riders

Lurk on some HD sites and see how many talk about the squid that nearly took their life while riding...jeez guys, come on, this is not an HD hate site. Tons of the gang that post here every day owned or own a Harley NOW, so I'm not sure why the elitest attitude is prevailing lately.

Time to respect all that choose to ride. We could all learn from one another...

We all have the common bond of Riding motorcycles. The roads are big enough for both ! Well Said VAB :thumbsup:

recently went on a poker run with a group of hd/chopper riders. out of about 300 bikes there where two of us on jap bikes. didn't have one issue or problem actually a bunch of them where amazed by the performance of my bike and one borrowed some tools from me to tighten up some lose bolts on his hd :rofl: in all unless they are in certain clubs they are in to bikes for the same reason as us. also everyone knows to respect a busa :bowdown:

I didn't want to start a lane choice argument-sorry guys.I do think personally though that if you use the left lane-at least here in Florida,get out of it as quick as you can when you are done passing.That's the way that I drive-Busa,car,truck,etc.I have to "remind" allot of people sometimes on the road.:laugh: The HD guys that I see around here are never in the left lane though-just taking there time in the right one.
Mike

A biker is a biker no matter what he/she rides cant we all just get along.Plus talking about bikes i have my busa & a custom built harley .I do lots of poker runs & charity rides & get respect no matter which one i'm riding.

chuckie 003.jpg

I have a HD and a Busa. The more I read these threads the more I wonder why people here have such a hatred for anything other than their Busa and Busa riders ?? If I rode my Busa to on of our MNG's, I wonder if you would be able to tell I rode a Harley sometimes as well ?? As far as a HD not going fast ?? Yeah, not really ever designed or built for that, remember, it's a "Cruiser", that means "Cruising", not "Speeding"... Just thought I would try to make it a little easier to understand for some who seem to have a hard time grasping the concept...:whistle:

I have a HD and a Busa. The more I read these threads the more I wonder why people here have such a hatred for anything other than their Busa and Busa riders ?? If I rode my Busa to on of our MNG's, I wonder if you would be able to tell I rode a Harley sometimes as well ?? As far as a HD not going fast ?? Yeah, not really ever designed or built for that, remember, it's a "Cruiser", that means "Cruising", not "Speeding"... Just thought I would try to make it a little easier to understand for some who seem to have a hard time grasping the concept...:whistle:

I agree with you 100%. I tried to explain it my post earlier but gues I failed. Oh that's right I failed because I ride a Harley.:laugh:

That's cool, so what are your thoughts?

Well basically to rock the closemindedness of a couple of posters! I worked undercover in Los Angeles in bike gangs....arrested some murderers, rapers and robbers too. Even arrested their motorcycles! But that doesn't indite all Harley riders as representing "the forces of evil". The motorcycle has nothing to do with the idiot riding it.
Do a few play the Harley role because they feel inadequate as a man? Yes, and some of those guys actually find each other and ride together. Does that define all Harley riders? Of course not.
All motorcycles feel good in so many ways and take us to unique places on the planet, they even serve as a medium and common ground for great relationships.
You wanted my thoughts.....that's them! (I even have more for later) Raydog

Yeah, I don't understand all the Harley bashing either. I also don't appreciate the comments about the younger generation/.org members being the problem, as it's making use of a very broad brush. The worst experience I've ever had with a Harley rider was failing to let me pass or just giving a dirty look. Maybe they didn't know or didn't feel comfortable with me passing where we were at the time, and that's cool. The dirty looks... well some of them just can't help that. :laugh:

I've had negative experiences with people on all types of motorcycles. It's not the bikes, it's the people on them.

Only a very small number of harley riders are 1% er's. Most are decent law abiding good ladies and fella's. As for the 1% er's, most seem to be "ok" sorts except they don't live by society's normal rules of behavoir. If your respectful your likely not going to have a problem, however, if you talk smack to one them - they won't have a discussion about it they will all crack your skull. Think Tony Saprano. An ok guy except for that criminal violence thingy...

My advise - I'd give real motorcycle gangs a wide berth. Not because your a punk but because your smart...

and I treat the other HD folks just like you would anybody else.

... but first I put the pedal to the floor and wind her up to about 110 mph then put the turn signal on and change lanes. Wouldn't you know it, they stayed right on my ass all they way up to 110.
Yer speedo's gotta be off... at 110, those bikes are gaspin' like an 80 year old MMA fighter.

:laugh:

A friend of mine has a brother in the Mongols (that's how it's spelled) out here in Cali. He asked him how a sportbike should pass them. His words...DON'T! You WAIT until you get waved by. But what if you're holding up traffic..No! you WAIT!...But if there's a long straightaway, Tough shi ! you WAIT! until we wave you past us. Then you pass. I haven't had to pass a long line of a biker gang but I will take the advice.
I have had more respect for the biker gangs than the poser bikers since my friend crashed in front of me on the freeway and the first one on the scene was a Ventura Hell's Angel who had already called the Highway Patrol and stopped to see if he was ok. I wave to them and they don't wave back but I have my reasons.

The more I read these threads the more I wonder why people here have such a hatred for anything other than their Busa and Busa riders ??
I think you have it backwards. HD riders seem to not even be ALLOWED to acknowledge anything beside another HD. At any type of bike run, I see every manner of bike rider checking out every manner of bike. Suzuki riders checking out Kaw's, Yamaha riders checking BMW's, Triumph riders checking Ducati's etc... all except the HD crowd. They're ONLY looking at other HD's, unless they're looking to throw a barb at someones "Jap-Crap Death Machine", a comment I've heard TOO many times.
A "death machine"?? Coming from a dude that rides a bike with 3 ft tall handlebars, a single 6" front brake rotor, rear drum brake, 3" wide bias ply tires and a frame with all the rigidity of al dente linguine holding 750 lbs of bike on the road? The comment sorta loses some credibility, to say the least.

At the last bike show at the Javits Center in NYC, I saw a group of HD faithfuls staring at a bunch of import cruisers, and after about 15 seconds, one of them marched right thru the middle of these bikes, proclaiming to anyone listening that "these Jap bikes are all a bunch of wanna-be's".
Wanna be what, exactly? The bikes were gorgeous, every bit as nice as any HD there, but he HAD to say that. Why? The only people that seemed to agree were the other guys that came with him.

There are at least 8 HD riders where Im employed. Attitude wise toward ANYTHING other than a Harley?? Every single one of them is a clone of the next.

I DO like Harleys, but trying to get respect by disrespecting, and having disdain for every other machine is gonna be an exercise in futility, especially when the comments have absolutely zero foundation.

i ride my busa with harley guys all the time including a hells angel friend of mine ..never had any problems?? bottom line for me..would i own a harley, no....would i ride with my buds on there harleys, absolutely.. it`s all about riding for me!

leftlanedrivers.org

just sayin, lol. pass em, don't be a pu$$. they're just some grubby old dudes on motorcycles. i'm not saying whoop ass, i'm just saying ride your ride, not theirs.

I have my Busa, it does go fast, Also have my Harley, which doesn't go fast. Sometimes you got to slow down to enjoy the ride. :thumbsup:

Back