Question about Harley riders

Hey you want to see a nice Busa done up right check out Aceholes red beauty. When my Busa grows up it just wants to be like his!!! Wardie

Everytime I've done a long ride and meet up with a few Harley riders I have gotten nothing but respect and pleasantries. The see a Cali plate and recognize you're 7 states from home with three more states to go and want to buy me a cup of ANYTHING.

Last conversation I had (Gas station in W.V. heading to Wyoming):

"You're from f-in' LA and heading to Casper... from where?"

"Deal's Gap"

"On THAT?! Just a backpack?"

"I like to ride as light as possible"

"DAMN, BOY!! Lemme buy you a Coke or sumthin'!"

It doesn't matter really what you ride, just as long as you ride.
(Except for the BMW guys. Downright snooty :rofl:)

YOU gotta watch those West Virginia boys..they will offer to buy you anything just to get you back in those hills.........:whistle::laugh::rofl:
Run faster..i hear banjo music!

Cool! When did that happen?
Here I am thinking I'm this bad outlaw biker from Cali and I was just some lame rider with a lousy sense of direction.

Been that way forever. It is true that California is the only state that is legal to split lanes, but her in Sconny you can share the lane with another bike if you both agree to it.

Hey you want to see a nice Busa done up right check out Aceholes red beauty. When my Busa grows up it just wants to be like his!!! Wardie

Wardie, you are such a sweetheart!
When you get them new bags on yours, mine wont hold a candle to it!

I was recently driving my truck through Nevada, I'm in the fast lane and got the cruise control set on 80 mph. I notice a group (4) of bobber/rat bike harley riders coming up on me at about 85 mph, the right lane is clear and the've basically got the whole state of Nevada open to pass but instead they creep right up on my ass literally two feet behind me and stay there for about ten minutes, yes I can be stubborn too. Finally I decide I'm capable of being the bigger man and proceed to move to the right lane but first I put the pedal to the floor and wind her up to about 110 mph then put the turn signal on and change lanes. Wouldn't you know it, they stayed right on my ass all they way up to 110. Once in the right lane I let off the gas to resume my previous speed they passed me each giving me the evil eye as I looked to them with no expression on my face thinking *******S! That is when I noticed the HA colors, if you treat others with disrespect does that warrant respect? I don't think so.

Please move to the right after passing. You, or anyone, should not be "riding" in the left lane (passing lane). Your behavior is unacceptable and to post it with pride is misplaced ego. Please check it once behind the wheel of a vehicle and allow others around you to know what to expect from your driving. How is their behavior disrespectful when compared to yours? Yes, Lamb is considering not moving from the passing lane for a faster vehicle disrespectful. Ok, might be a bit off topic, but all comments were made in a a constructive tone. Thank you!

If you had not noticed, the person that started this thread has not returned, has no friends on the org and 2 hundred posts.
He/she knew what they were doing, stirring up the members knowing it would turn into a hate thread.

Last edited:
yall need to get real, big diff between some cats out riding there HD"s and bunch of patch wearing 1%"ers You want wanta piss off ah bunch of outlaws, hells angels,reapers,mongels, ect, pass them on a sport bike. All i can say is if you do, you better hope that dam bike dont brake down cuase those cat dont live by the same rules most poeple do. thell kick your a$$ and your bike"s a$$ and laugh about how you were laying on the ground bleeding.you have the right to pass any body, but that dont make it a good idea!:poke:
u serious??

they get mad if u pass em?

If you had not noticed, the person that started this thread has not returned, has no friends on the org and 2 hundred posts.
He/she knew what they were doing, stirring up the members knowing it would turn into a hate thread.

I asked a simple question and get this BS.Some of us have to work and can only get on the Org once in awhile-wish it was all I had to do.And I don't see where it has turned into a hate thread.:poke: Grow up.

Please move to the right after passing. You, or anyone, should not be "riding" in the left lane (passing lane). Your behavior is unacceptable and to post it with pride is misplaced ego. Please check it once behind the wheel of a vehicle and allow others around you to know what to expect from your driving. How is their behavior disrespectful when compared to yours? Yes, Lamb is considering not moving from the passing lane for a faster vehicle disrespectful. Ok, might be a bit off topic, but all comments were made in a a constructive tone. Thank you!

I couldn't agree with you more.

Why is it that whenever someone tries to pass someone else when they are going slower,, that slower person speeds up. Now if you do have more power and speed enough to carry you through and complete the pass,, they fall back almost as if to admit that they didn't have it! Their increase in speed was futile at best.

EGO wouldn't allow him to let you go!
EGO wouldn't allow the truck in Nevada to kindly pull to the right!
EGO is the prevailing factor in most all *negative) encounters on open roads!

Where there is ego,, there is no flow.

I asked a simple question and get this BS.Some of us have to work and can only get on the Org once in awhile-wish it was all I had to do.And I don't see where it has turned into a hate thread.:poke: Grow up.

My bad, it did not seem appropriate for a sport bike web site. Looked like you stirred the pot and left. A lot of that going on here lately.

Last edited:
nice words but am gana hang in the left lane as i please and as am there I would like you to move to the right lane because your holding me up only going 90 or 110 or however slow you drive/ride

i have to confess, im a squid!
and that south park episode was just dang funny. friend of mine laughed but he didnt really like it. i would love to see one like that about sportbikes.

i would be somewhat hesitant to pass a group of outlaws or hells angels wearing their colors on a 2 lane road in some of the more rural areas. but if im feeling lucky im gone!
we dont have very much gang or tough guy groups that im aware of here in the asheville area. back in the day there were places that you didnt go unless you belonged there but most of that has faded away.

Yes Cookie, I agree with you. The whole issue comes down to personal safety and respecting others on the road. As the younger .oRg members/generations mature they will realize the Camaraderie shared with anybody on 2 wheels.:whistle:

Interesting thread at times. Some good Info for this friday since i will be dealing with thousands of HD riders.Friday the 13th, Port Dover, ON

In some parts of Europe freeways are nothing more then a lane and a half in each direction. Everyone drives in the left lane till someone faster appoaches from behind.
By the time he get to you, You better have moved over to the right or you will get the dreaded highbeam flash..... ever wonder what the switch on left handle bar is for?<pass?>

Last edited:
Back