Question about fuel injectors

insayne-kustomz

Registered
So I'm now about half way through my own turbo build and I'm starting to think ahead about building a larger fuel delivery system (fuel rail, pump, injectors, FPR, etc etc). My eventual goal will be having a dual boost controller for street and drag bosst settings. I'd like a second setting for 500HP. My questions to you gods of Hayabusa's is: What injectors do you recommend? There are a few companies such as injector dynamics, RC but when I look into ordering, I'm swamped with a million questions (high or low impredence, CC size, and so many more. What are you guys using?

I'll be using a BigCC Racing billet fue rail (when they machine their next batch)
and I'll wait to order my intake plenum depending if I'll be using a secondary injector system, HAHN Port Fueler or just much larger 4 primary injectors.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

So I'm now about half way through my own turbo build and I'm starting to think ahead about building a larger fuel delivery system (fuel rail, pump, injectors, FPR, etc etc). My eventual goal will be having a dual boost controller for street and drag bosst settings. I'd like a second setting for 500HP. My questions to you gods of Hayabusa's is: What injectors do you recommend? There are a few companies such as injector dynamics, RC but when I look into ordering, I'm swamped with a million questions (high or low impredence, CC size, and so many more. What are you guys using?

I'll be using a BigCC Racing billet fue rail (when they machine their next batch)
and I'll wait to order my intake plenum depending if I'll be using a secondary injector system, HAHN Port Fueler or just much larger 4 primary injectors.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

IK: You are not going to get to 500 rwhp on four primary injectors unless you convert to a complete standalone system. It is less expensive to run secondaries with a controller like a Microtech box. We use the stock primary injectors and 1,000cc secondaries to get past 600 rwhp. Stay away from the portfueler. The concept is good, but the Split Second control box Hahn uses for this setup is a pos, IMHO. Obviously, we have everything you would need with the RCC line. If you are rolling with Big CC, why don't you ask them what they recommend? :laugh:

To be honnest between me and you, they take forever to respond and never answer half the questions I have for them... They really make some great parts but they need to asign someone only to answer their e-mails... Frank, I am planning a trip down the New York for when my bike is done. I'd like for you to strap my bike down to you dyno and do your magic. This is really something I'm doing on lost time so it won't be next week but when it is done, you'll have it! :thumbsup:

Frank, just so I'll know. I'll order a set of 1000CC injectors probably from RC cause I have a friend that get's really good prices. Do I get low impedance? Any other specs I should mention when ordering?

microtech can drive either low or hi imp, but mostly the deka pencil injectors are used hi imp 650cc,
if your getting the ultra check with Richard or Frank about the right injectors for fit

To be honnest between me and you, they take forever to respond and never answer half the questions I have for them... They really make some great parts but they need to asign someone only to answer their e-mails... Frank, I am planning a trip down the New York for when my bike is done. I'd like for you to strap my bike down to you dyno and do your magic. This is really something I'm doing on lost time so it won't be next week but when it is done, you'll have it! :thumbsup:

Big CC is a 3 man business, we dont pretend to be bigger than we are & we get very busy. Fuel rails have been out of stock for some time. The price some people offer cheap billet rails for & the fact the stock rail will flow over 600hp by simply putting 2 dash 6 fittings to it makes them not high on my agenda to reproduce im afraid.

You gave me no information regarding your turbo size or anticipated horsepower level. As you are making your own system that is the very starting block of which everything else is based.

Regarding injectors you dont need secondaries unless you wish to see over 400hp as 680cc primaries can be fuelled adequately with a good dyno operator! Equally if you really want to go secondaries & feel you need over 400hp for whatever racing application etc then I would not use a microtec as its mapping techniques is as rubbish as the Hahn portfueller. We use a KMS FA23 fuel computer that is mapped in 16 throttle position sites v rpm at 500rpm intervals up to 12500 on base pressure just like a Power Commander & then on a secondary table 16 MAP load sites v rpm again at 500rpm intervals done as a percentage of the first table. 4D mapping makes much more accurate fuelling.

Problem is a stand alone costs as much as my stock '99 busa and is quite a bit out of my price range. If I had sponsors backing me up, I'd get a stand alone system right away.

Never used one and although it looks okay I would have some questions . . . one thing, though, the

On board 41PSIA (25PSI boost) manifold pressure sensor

Its ability to control big injectors is a plus, but you will need a little more than 25 pounds to make 500+ rwhp. If you do decide to be the first on your block to give us a review, make sure the software can support a 4 bar map and 40 pounds of boost . . . maybe there is someone out there that happens to have one and can chime in.

It's pretty affordable and 25psi of boost should be enough for me for a while... When I finish my kit, I'll head down to come see you and you'll get a chance to work with it. If I don't get a super sweet deal somewhere on a Motec :please:

I have fitted 3 AEM fic of the earlier non busa specific type
there not too bad for the money,
just fitted one on a zx14 turbo
the drawbacks are with big injectors the std bikes compenstion tables for cold running or accelleration pump etc over compensate for changes, even with the piggyback pulling fuel out in the lower areas its realy only correct at the temp, altitude,etc it was tuned at , i ran the ecu editor on the busa ecu to take out some fuel , but if you take out too much the fic can only +99% and you cannot reach full range without using a complicated 2 table system
the FIC can accept a 0-5v input from a 3 bar map sensor, and the tables are user defined to 45psia and 17000rpm , my current one on the 14 has the boost tables from 15psia to 35psia to give good resolution, and the tps tables are used for injector size compensation and base fuel mapping with the wastegate held open with shop air

It does autocalculate inector size changes , and self generate starter maps and i would use one again up to 20 psi or so but prefer a secondary injector system rather than go too big in single injectors above that level with this unit

Back