Question about changing out fuel injectors...

Postal

Donating Member
Registered
I swapped injectors (all 4) on the lower bank (Stage II) with another stock set that I had just got back from MPS (cleaned and tuned). Bike won't start, seems flooded. Is there a prime or purge process that I missed when installing new injectors, before trying to start it?

Thanks.

P.

no the injectors should install and self prime in the first few revolutions, and run as per before the change
are the injectors the same flow rate

Make sure the temp sensor didn't accidently become unplugged. I've seen sillier stuff happen.

Same flow rate, same map. The temp sensor is plugged in. I let it set last night, in case it is flooded, which I can't imagine it would be since it is fuel injected. But it would crank, start to fire (a couple of rumbles), then just keep cranking.

I'm going to try and crank it again tonight when I get home from work. If it still doesn't start I'm going to put the previous set of injectors back in it. Thanks.

P.

Well, I took the injectors out and put the original set back in, she fired right up. After further investigation I suspect an issue with the new sreens in the cleaned injectors (Screens may be too long, causing an interferance with the pin inside the injector). I am calling Dan at MPS today to see what he thinks. MPS is GREAT by the way. Please do not think I am dissing on anyone, just tech-talking.

Thanks. P. :beerchug:

No screen issues. Dan thinks they are stuck due to moisture. He is going to go back through them.

BTW, great guy to deal with, very polite, very professional.

P.

Back