Question about chain adjusters.. What's your thoughts or ideas?

DevintheDude

Registered
So I need some input with this so please everyone feel free to put in your 2cents. I bought this bike used and it had been sitting in a shed for a while. Now at the time I didn't know much about a hayabusa or even owning a bike in general but after "a little" time in the garage lol and a wife who is about to be my ex wife if I fall asleep in the garage one more night, I can finally say I've got all the kinks worked out. Well except one... So the swing arm is aftermarket and the set up now has a bolt going thru the back of the swingarm into the adjuster but from what I've been seeing most bikes adjust from the front side of the axle instead which would be nice because I'm trying to shorten my wheel base and I bought some adjusters (that have no way of adjusting) with the spools on them that I'd like to use if possible but im not sure exactly how to approach this one or if I even should because like I said I've finally got all the kinks worked out and she's riding very smooth right now. So I guess I'm just looking for a little input from people who know alot more then I do and can speak from experience. I'll post pics of everything so you can see what I'm talking about....
Thanks in advance guys!

15598897529853611210611382660.jpg

15598898128081333788863464036973.jpg

15598899154208710562827640278845.jpg

A stock Busa has adjusting screws that push the adjuster blocks back to tension the chain. It looks like the aftermarket arm on your bike has pull adjusters like some dirt bikes have. The blocks you bought are not compatible with the swingarm you have from what I see in the pictures.

Reactions: c10
A stock Busa has adjusting screws that push the adjuster blocks back to tension the chain. It looks like the aftermarket arm on your bike has pull adjusters like some dirt bikes have. The blocks you bought are not compatible with the swingarm you have from what I see in the pictures.
Ya that's what I figured they were cheap anyhow, I'm really trying to shorten up the wheel base tho I'd like to push it up as far as I can. Should I just get a really long bolt for the chain adjuster or is there anything I can buy or build myself to somehow be able to shorten it up?

Also if anyone has some rims there looking to sell, Id be interested. You can see in the pics mine are kinda peeling. I'm assuming from the salt on the roads.. Northern CA area gets a lil icy at times lol

Back