Question about aftermarket brake/clutch levers

Johnny Bravo

Registered
Even with the factory levers adjusted as much as possible, I still can't get them as close to the bars as I'd like. It seems like there is still too much "reach" to get to them.

Has anyone ever measured the aftermarket levers to see if they actually get closer to the bars?

I know the Chinese knockoff levers have 6 adjustment settings, but I don't know if that means they start at the same distance away from the bars as the factory levers and go farther away, or if you can actually get them closer to the bars. I prefer as little "stretch" of my fingers as possible to get to the levers.

Thanks.

You can move them closer, but you lose braking force. Its kind of weird.. I have FP Racing levers from Pashnit, and I love them. The "angled" part of the lever could actually be closer to the bar than stock, I never measured it. Either way, you will like the way they "feel" more than the stock ones.

The stock levers feel crude compared to the aftermarket ones. I've owned Pazzo's, FP and some other brand I can't remember, and they all work better than stock IMHO... :beerchug:

You may also try rotating them down on the bars so your not having to reach up and over the levers.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

You may also try rotating them down on the bars so your not having to reach up and over the levers

+100...cheapest/easiest option to try FIRST. I am very happy with the ASV C5 shortys on mine. :thumbsup:

My Pazzos are 2 inches off the grip, and my brake lever gives me full braking. If it ever fails to do so I'll start trouble-shooting my front brakes :thumbsup:

you get them too close youll start hitting your fingers and the clutch safety switch wont work. i have fp's when i get around to buying either asv's or stock they are going in the trash can

Back