Question about adding extensions

bda365

Registered
im gonna add some 4-6 inch extensions.... what id like to know is will my factory brake hose work? or do i need to buy another? thanks for the help.....

<!--EDIT|bda365
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155699286 -->

factory brake line will work!!
super.gif

Good to know. I thought I had to change the line for my 4" extended swingarm. I don't mean to thread jack here bda365 but I have a question about the rear brake torsion bar.

Can I ride without it or not?
rock.gif
I was thinking about extending it only if I need too.

<!--EDIT|boribusa69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155762066 -->

Goo to know. I thought I had to change the line for my 4" extended swingarm. I don't mean to thread jack here bda365 but I have a question about the rear brake torsion bar.

Can I ride without it or not?
rock.gif
I was thinking anbout extending it if I need too.
I am not sure if you can ride with out it. I don't think so, what would stop from spinning or swinging back and forth. Depending on the extensions you get, some don't need a brake bar. Mine (Exotic Cycle) don't need it.

post-57-28217-img_2344x.jpg

Thanks. I guess I'll extended the brake bar just to be on the safe side.

<!--EDIT|boribusa69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155763842 -->

With a 4 inch stretch, you will have to get a new brake line for the rear. I did this mod last year, and I had to purchase a new line. Don't like the fact that the line is stretched straight. I have the same extensions that bbbusa has, and I actually like the look without the torsion bar. Very well designed and put together.

I disagree with you BA. I've had mine extended for a while now with no issues and no tight brake line. I rotated the 90 degree fitting at the front of the swingarm to face the rear and have had Zero issues. If you are happy with replacing the brake line then I guess that's all that really matters but I wouldn't call it a necessity.

I disagree with you BA. I've had mine extended for a while now with no issues and no tight brake line. I rotated the  90 degree fitting at the front of the swingarm to face the rear and have had Zero issues. If you are happy with replacing the brake line then I guess that's all that really matters but I wouldn't call it a necessity.
I agree. I didn't change my brake line, just rotated it around 180 degrees from where it was on the piston thing. It's just behind the right side heel guard. You can see in my pic above, my brake line is not tight.

I disagree with you BA. I've had mine extended for a while now with no issues and no tight brake line. I rotated the  90 degree fitting at the front of the swingarm to face the rear and have had Zero issues. If you are happy with replacing the brake line then I guess that's all that really matters but I wouldn't call it a necessity.
I agree.  I didn't change my brake line, just rotated it around  180 degrees from where it was on the piston thing.  It's just behind the right side heel guard.  You can see in my pic above, my brake line is not tight.
Yep, just like Brian said, down and behind the swingarm is all you need to do .

BBBUSA-1.jpg

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157071161 -->

Back