ques. on dogbones

nolo263

Registered
i bought some raising links and installed them. well i wasnt sure about the tork. so i torqued them to 75ft. pds. well i found out that there supposed to be at 56ft.pds. thing is im scared that i crushed or deformed the sleeve that the dogbones bolt on to. what do you guys think?

I don't think you have to worry about crushing that steel sleeve. The only problem that you will have is when the time comes to take them off and they won't budge.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Blue Streak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113632438 -->

Wouldn't worry either. Yeah, taking them off may prove to be a little tough.
smile.gif

no problem on that one nolo... as they said you would have a tough time getting them off.
wink.gif

... so how do you feel the bike is handling after raising the rear
rock.gif
smile.gif

Hope you have a pneumatic that will get up in there to get them off.
tounge.gif
Actually, sounds like something I would have done. Get them on there nice and tight...don't want them to come loose, right...
blush.gif

well i hope you all are right about not deforming them. and yes that is my problem i never know when a bolt is tight enough unless i know the torque #s. and shenoyp the bike rides great alot better know. believe it or not i replaced the dog bones turned up the preload on the front forks and now my hands hurt less when i ride.?
rock.gif
? seems like it should be the other way around. i think it has something to do with it not diving on braking as much.

Back