Queenstown NZ, Paradise Found!

Kiwi Rider

Registered
My daughter is moving to Queenstown soon, she manages a Backpackers Lodge in the town centre, and she’s moving into a $1.2m brand new home . . .

I asked if she needs help with the kids and the Lodge and she said “yes please Dad!!”
If you all have never heard of Queenstown (unlikely) it’s the ‘Adventure capital of the world’ and hosts many tourists every year.
Absolutely stunning scenery . . .
The riding around central Otago/Queenstown is superb too, so have a look at the pics of the place and enjoy!
I’m giving it some serious thought but there’s a few considerations and complications...
My dogs, having to put all my stuff into storage and renting my house/property out to some unknown person, having to leave my job which I’m really quite enjoying at the moment.
But the idea of starting a new chapter in my life journey is exciting me!
I’m gonna give it some thought and go stay there for a week, check it out and decide whether I really want to move.
Any thoughts you guys have?
Have you heard of Queenstown?

Last edited:
My daughter is moving to Queenstown soon, she manages a Backpackers Lodge in the town centre, and she’s moving into a $1.2m brand new home . . .

I asked if she needs help with the kids and the Lodge and she said “yes please Dad!!”
If you all have never heard of Queenstown (unlikely) it’s the ‘Adventure capital of the world’ and hosts many tourists every year.
The riding around central Otago/Queenstown is superb too, so have a look at the pics of the place and enjoy!
I’m giving it some serious thought but there’s a few considerations and complications...
My dogs, having to put all my stuff into storage and renting my house/property out to some unknown person, having to leave my job which I’m really quite enjoying at the moment.
I’m gonna give it some thought and go stay there for a week, check it out and decide whether I really want to move.
Sounds like it could be an awesome way to spend time with the family but I would feel the same as you if I couldn't bring all my stuff. If there's money to be made and room to ride plus the bonus of the family I'd have ti say I would probably go for it. You've got the right idea spend the week and see what it's all about. How far is it from where u are kiwi??

I work for a travel company over here in Aus and Queenstown is often advertised as the place to go.
Spend the week or so and get a feeling for the place.
I guess it all balances on how much you want to be involved with your daughter and grandkids as the grow up...

I know if it were me, I'd be there so fast the Hayabusa wouldn't be able to keep up...

Family time is priceless but so is having your own space for your own needs. Fortunately for you I don’t think there’s a wrong decision between the two just more or less which fits your lifestyle better right now. Memories I have of spending time with my grandparents made my childhood and my granddad who is now deceased will forever be my hero. If she needs help and you are able to do so perhaps it’s a win-win I just know it’s important to keep your own identity in the process.

Last edited:
Well, you will still be in NZ, be closer to family and still be able to ride the Busa...seems like a win-win to me.

An entire change of life isn't an easy thing however so there's that...……..

Some great roads to ride down there Greg as ya know.

Gonna need a 4WD for winter time i reckon

Renting out your home shouldnt be a big deal and im sure you get on with the neighbours and they could help keep an eye on the place, dunno about the dogs.

At least you dont need to find somewhere to live down there thats a big job on its own.
Pretty cool to be with the family esp with the grandkids to - go for it i reckon !

I've actually been to Queenstown as a kid. We were living in Christchurch at the time. Beautiful area!!! Tough choice! Best of luck.

Back