Quarterly Photo Contest

Quarterly Photo Contest - Eligibility

• All Members & Bikes Are Eligible.

Votes: 39 100.0%
  • Only Members & Their Busas Are Eligible.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All Members Can Participate, But Non-Busas Would be Disqualified If They Happen to Win.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
We have some members that do not ride Busas, but they are very active. I know that it is a Hayabusa site, but don't like being soooo exclusive. I would like to let these guys represent themselves, their bikes and their experiences. However, with that said, come voting time, these guys would lose points with me (just being honest), because they are not riding Busas, and I wouldn't want an FJR to have its picture on the Homepage of my (our) Hayabusa site. I would think that there would be enough people who feel that way, that these bikes would not win. That way they still get to participate and have fun.

I have added a third choice that would allow all to participate, but should a non-Busa win, it would be only a moral victory because it would be disqualified giving the title to the runner up. The combination of choice one and 3 will determine whether non-Busas are eligible. (Don't want the concern of a split vote).

Thinker

How about we split that into two catergories. One for members and Busa's and One for the members that don't ride Busa's. That way the active non Busa people can still represent their ride and not feel like we kicked them out because of the Busa site

How about we split that into two catergories. One for members and Busa's and One for the members that don't ride Busa's. That way the active non Busa people can still represent their ride and not feel like we kicked them out because of the Busa site
That is a good idea...should the poll results exclude non-busas, we can easily establish a Busa of the quarter and a non-Busa of the quarter.

Keep it a family and let everyone compete!
biggrin.gif

That is a good idea...should the poll results exclude non-busas, we can easily establish a Busa of the quarter and a non-Busa of the quarter.
I think you should just do that anyway. It will be the least offensive. The Busa owners get what they want and the non busa people get what they want.

I think you should just do that anyway. It will be the least offensive. The Busa owners get what they want and the non busa people get what they want.
Perhaps so, but lets let the poll play out, and we will go from there.

I'm definitely on the side of including all members, doesn't matter to me if you setup two categories or not.

Perhaps so, but lets let the poll play out, and we will go from there.
Still against anything other than a Busa...No need to passify the
down.gif
muscle.gif

All members as long as I win. No really I am always looking for good pics bike or person does not matter. They should however at least be members.

Thinker I don't know if you should have included #3...What good does it do to accept photos of non Busa's and then eliminate them if they are a winner because it's not a Busa???

Thinker I don't know if you should have included #3...What good does it do to accept photos of non Busa's and then eliminate them if they are a winner because it's not a Busa???
With only 14 people voting, prolly doesn't matter much. i will let it run for a while today, but I am still waiting to here from Admin on setting up the framework. But feel free to take some pics...you already have a Bus.

With only 14 people voting, prolly doesn't matter much. i will let it run for a while today, but I am still waiting to here from Admin on setting up the framework. But feel free to take some pics...you already have a Bus.

[/QUOTE]

I can't take any pics right now not of me anyway...I can't get on the bike...But I've got something in mind...

OK, the results are in. 40% want to make all members eligible, and 60% either only want Busa owning members to be eligible, OR want to establish a secondary award for a non-Busa winner. So this will be the basis of what I come up with. I will be communicating with Dustman today to get this set up. Of course Captain has veto power over it all...lets not forget that.

Thinker

Back