Quarter Turn (quick turn) Throttle's

Is the Schintz the same as the Yamaha ? Just repacked?
I had purchased the schintz and I put the thin plastic shin in the housing to take up the side to side slack .
I also had to put both locknuts on the back side of the mounting bracket for the push cable in order to get a snappy return .
Anyone else do it this way ?
Thanks in advance.

Well no , not the R6 throttle anyway because that is even less than Schnitz 1/4 turn throttle . When I fitted mine up , I loosened the standard cable and opened control housing , replaced the throttle , refitted the cable cylinder lugs and adjusted throttle by cable . This was quick , and though a little bit of a squeeze , produced perfect result . Don't forget to lube cables a little bit , and although there is a slight gap between the new throttle and the housing outside , there is acceptable clearance inside , with no need for shim .

No , the Schnitz is a 1/4 turn , the R6 is 1/3 of a turn ?? The R1 throttle would be similar to the Schnitz , as in both 1/4 turn , I believe ??. Just get either of those if you want 1/4 turn which I might add is fantastic . Or if you want even more aggressive throttle , then go R6 . The Schnitz deal is cheap as to buy , the Yamahas would have to be as reasonable , you would think .

Back