PWC Time...

beachz

Registered
Didn't spend much time on the bike this week. We have H2O plans with friends soon and the SeaDoos hadn't been touched this year (because of my bike repair/project/mods). Anyway, both needed new steering cables and one needed a new starter. I also found that the one that needed a new starter needed two new motor mounts. :whistle:

Before I started, I finally got the AC/Heat unit my father had given me mounted and working. :cheerleader::cheerleader: It is soooooo nice to be able to work in and air conditioned shop on these often frustrating projects. You have to be a contortionist to stand on a ladder and do a headstand in the bow of the boat to get the cable in and out. :banghead:

Everything is back together now and both Doos fired right up with no persuasion! :thumbsup: I am SeaFoam's biggest fan. Both skis had the tanks filled and prepped with a half a can of SeaFoam.

We were at the lake once and I dumped a 7 gallon can of gas in one of the Doos that had a month worth of rain that leaked through a cracked cap in it. The ski would hardly sputter, let alone run. I ran to the closest marinina and grabbed a can. I rode the the rest of that tank out of the ski like there had never been water in it. :beerchug: :cheerleader:

IMG_20120728_100241.jpg

IMG_20120728_100151_1.jpg

I used to work for the Bombardier Jet boat division, and I have to say, the even though I do not care for the company, they make great PWC's!

My family has owned SeaDoos for 20+ years and we have always had a good luck with them. Mine are almost 10 years old now and this is the first thing I have had to do to them. They have always been covered and stored outside.

Friend of mine just bought a Speedster a couple of weekends ago. I haven't seen it and I have only driven one (rental at a family reunion ten or fifteen years ago).

Do you not like the way they do business or the jetboat products?

The jetboats are fine as well, just did not like the business itself.

I also worked for Crownline boats for 7 years. Those a definitely a quality boat!

Gotcha! I have seen Crownlines from a distance but never been on one. Definately good looking rigs!

nice pwc,s. looking to getting a few for the wife and i next summer. have had a few in the past but had bad luck with my last ski, polaris 1200 with about 15k of work into it and couldn't keep a motor in it to save my life. guess i went a little to big with my mods but left a bad taste in my mouth. but my wife wants some and the 4stroke ones seem to be a little more reliable.

Back