Putting BigRod1300's HMFs to good use

tarock

Registered
Ball Z extensions, risers, db wind, lower kickstand, adjustable links, and the big project BigRod1300's HMFs all showed up on the same day.

My work week ended Wednesday, and me being a 21 year old college kid couldn't just sit at my house looking at all these parts until it gets warm enough to work (in Nebraska its like 20 for the high right now).

So...I went over to the shop where my bike was stored, drove/slid it the 3 miles on ice and snow, and pushed it into my kitchen. Locked myself in the house for a couple days and this is what was created.

Bike build1.jpg

Bike build2.jpg

Bike build3.jpg

Bike build4.jpg

Bike build5.jpg

Bike build1.jpg

Bike build2.jpg

Bike build3.jpg

Bike build4.jpg

Bike build5.jpg

:beerchug: So did you fire up the ROAR yet? Did you do the cut-off the frame belling wing fingers? They look realy good on your busa:thumbsup:

I picked up the MULLETs new hair-dryer today..............Thanks again for the sail, you will love them!

Wait ...the dont look as tucked in as they should. Did you close the bottom/rear of the fairings back together. Ill get you that bracket in the mail Monday.......

Last edited:
No I didnt get it started in the house. Today was about 40 and cleared a lot of snow out...hoping monday I will be able to have her back on the street :please:

They are tucked in all the way...even tied together at the last spot behind the oil belly. I think they look that way because of my 190 tire :laugh: The belly wings came off easy with a demel and hammer. Ill have some better pics when I can take her outside :thumbsup:

Wait a minute did he say he was 21 and has got a Busa ?

Oh what a life.....Good God what I could a dun at 21 with one o dem guns !

Looks very nice..
Are those slip ons ? Old exhaust in box and new cans on floor but is there a header that went with them ?

Wait a minute did he say he was 21 and has got a Busa ?

Oh what a life.....Good God what I could a dun at 21 with one o dem guns !

Looks very nice..
Are those slip ons ? Old exhaust in box and new cans on floor but is there a header that went with them ?

Thanks for all the comments guys. :beerchug:

The pipes are a full hmf system that was customized by BigRod, his new turbo project is the only reason why he let them go. The picture was of all the weight she lost from the pair valve and old hunkers...its amazing how heavy just the stock headers are!

Yes, being this young with a Busa has its perks :thumbsup:

The pipes are a full hmf system that was customized by BigRod, his new turbo project is the only reason why he let them go. :

TRUE...if it was nt for the final flipping of a coin to go boost, I would have NEVER got rid of my babies:laugh:

Hay...be ready for it when you do fire it up.....you and anyone around are going to jump.:thumbsup:.........then its all smiles from there!

:beerchug: So did you fire up the ROAR yet? Did you do the cut-off the frame belling wing fingers? They look realy good on your busa:thumbsup:

I picked up the MULLETs new hair-dryer today..............Thanks again for the sail, you will love them!

Wait ...the dont look as tucked in as they should. Did you close the bottom/rear of the fairings back together. Ill get you that bracket in the mail Monday.......

What exhaust did you put on your bike if you got rid of the HMF

Back