Putting a 99-07 busa engine in a 2011

Demonic1

Registered
Hello everyone.. I bought a 2011 full chassis, but I know the earlier 99-04 busa's were ungoverned. So my question is can I use a 04 engine and main harness with ecu in my 2011? Thanks for any help.

welcome. only the 99-00 Busa's were unrestricted from the factory. hopefully the techies can chime in about the engine swap.

Yes you can but you might have to cut some material out of the inner fairings to fit the speedo cluster.

you will have to use the entire engine and electronics. almost nothing swaps between gens.

:poke: build a gen 2. your lookin at tackling a hard expensive project.

I have a gen one motor unrestricted and I'll swap you motors straight up!

Lol if you are serious, I hate to ruin the fun, but you can have the ecu flashed for like $200 or so. A click of the button removes the limiter, and a few more clicks will get you 10-20 more hp depending on mods.

Hello everyone.. I bought a 2011 full chassis, but I know the earlier 99-04 busa's were ungoverned. So my question is can I use a 04 engine and main harness with ecu in my 2011? Thanks for any help.
What these guys haven't came out and told you yet is that the gen 2 motor (2008-2012) puts out 17 or so more hp than the gen1 motor (1999-2007). So you really are doing it wrong, unless you WANT 17 less hp in your bike :laugh: And even tho only the 1999 and 2000 busa came unrestricted for top speed from the factory, its very easy to unrestrict ANY year busa. So find a gen2 motor and bolt it in if this is a serious post........and go have some fun :thumbsup:
You've definately given us some chuckles :rofl:

What these guys haven't came out and told you yet is that the gen 2 motor (2008-2012) puts out 17 or so more hp than the gen1 motor (1999-2007). So you really are doing it wrong, unless you WANT 17 less hp in your bike :laugh: And even tho only the 1999 and 2000 busa came unrestricted for top speed from the factory, its very easy to unrestrict ANY year busa. So find a gen2 motor and bolt it in if this is a serious post........and go have some fun :thumbsup:
You've definately given us some chuckles :rofl:

?????? Same here. Got a good price maybe?

It does seem backwards.

no_explain.jpg

no_explain.jpg

you will have to use the entire engine and electronics. almost nothing swaps between gens.

:poke: build a gen 2. your lookin at tackling a hard expensive project.

I don't know what info you got but almost everything swaps between both Gens. And since he is looking to swap backwards it will be pretty cheap.

welcome to the org! i am not sure why you would want to do so like the others have mentioned but from what i have read over the years, it can be done.

I don't know what info you got but almost everything swaps between both Gens. And since he is looking to swap backwards it will be pretty cheap.

MECHANICALLY and PHYSICALLY, but not ELECTRONICALLY. The engines are slightly different, something to do wtih the cam sensor, the throttle bodies are completely different, as is the harness.

Just cause it will bolt up doesn't mean it will run.

Find a complete GEN 2 engine and use it instead, and the reflash the ECU to acheive the extra couple MPH you will probably never get to use

MECHANICALLY and PHYSICALLY, but not ELECTRONICALLY. The engines are slightly different, something to do wtih the cam sensor, the throttle bodies are completely different, as is the harness.

Just cause it will bolt up doesn't mean it will run.

Find a complete GEN 2 engine and use it instead, and the reflash the ECU to acheive the extra couple MPH you will probably never get to use

I have been looking for another Gen2 motor myself, those motors are expensive. Which is why I think the OP wants a Gen1 motor.

Back