'puter question shrinking pics

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I need to email a guy about 40 pictures,anyway to shrink 'em all at once. No fancy software here LOL. I usually use paint,stretch and skew.:laugh:

RSD.

Hmm...easiest way to do it would be to put 'em in a .zip file, bro. Or, you can load 'em up to free site (some say that Photobucket stuff is the cat's meow) and send a link. :thumbsup:

Hmm...easiest way to do it would be to put 'em in a .zip file, bro. Or, you can load 'em up to free site (some say that Photobucket stuff is the cat's meow) and send a link. :thumbsup:

All I have is a craigs list email addy(to respond to the dude),they have a size limit,and its pissin' me off.

RSD.

what version windows?

There are some simple image resizer programs for both xp and 7 that will downsize easy peasy...even attach themselves to the operating system so all you have to do is right click and select resize...

if you right click and make a new folder...put the pics in it...zip it and send that...he opens it and all is good..
to Zip File in Windows XP - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Bro, for just a little money for a LOT of functionality check out Acdsee Get the pro 6. Right now (HURRY) they are selling it for like $40 US which I think is like $35 Canadian nowadays :banghead:

Anyhoo, it's pretty simple and straightforward but pro quality, fast and pretty easy to get started with. Provides, organizing tools, lightroom tools, editing tools, all in a pretty straightforward layout. No need for head banging on desk. I'm still an Adobe Chimp but I went ahead and installed Acdsee Pro 6 about three weeks ago on my laptop and was surprised at how good it is, some of their filters give me some pretty exciting and fresh results.

LOoks like pricing is good until May 6th, also there is a "try" feature so you can give it a roll in the back of a Buick before putting a ring on it.

I'm sure there is plenty of free software you can download (legitimately) without having to fork out hard earned dollars.

Hopefully this software allows him to reduce the shear size MB of having to send 40 pics ...might be a multiple send task otherwise......

It attaches to the operating system. Open windows explorer (File manager); select one or multiple pics, right click and select "resize"; dialog asks for resize and if you want to rename or overwright, renames resized file in existing folder which you can then copy,paste,drag into an email.

Below is pic of dialog box when you right click on the image file in file manager. Easy Peasy...actually looks like part of Windows no adds no fuss. Free.

Capture3.JPG

Gimp is cool, but not really all that user friendly, intuitive, nor quick. I found it lacks a lot of batch processing and renaming functions. Still though, if the learning curve isn't too bad for you it's a good way to go, you cannot beat the price anyway.

Take a look at Gimp.

I have not seen an option to make them all smaller at one time, but it makes a file reduction pretty simple and is free.

Free Photoshop Alternative | Download Gimpshop - Free Photo Editing Software

I would load them to here. Photobucket and send him that link. I am sure you have seen mine there :laugh: That way you can share with all of us

Back