'Puter/Iphone/ex-gf/bluetooth/restraining order/etc...question

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Hey Bro's I was putzing on the Org when a small notification window appeared in the bottom right of my screen. Window asked if I wanted to connect a cell phone.
Was the cellphone in range of my laptop? Why would my laptop attempt to recognize her phone. She has/had a restraining order put against her by the court...it was something the law wanted,it wasn't my choice,but it was a good idea.
I do not fear this person physically or anything but was she right outside my door perhaps? The restraining order was for 2 years which is prolly over,unkown to me as I don't really care. Even if I saw her close by I would just ignore the deal...she has her demons,I can't help her with those any more. Idea's? I was not qwik enuff for a screen shot of the alert but here's what I did get.
(I changed the name/iPhone pin to protect the QUILTY) :laugh:
Rubb.

c cell phone.jpg

One cannot say Rubb because the range is not predictable. It depends on the devices and the environment. It could work only within one meter. It could be one hundred meters or even more if both devices are the latest Bluetooth standard. You would have had to test the two applicable devices before you two split.

Watch your back
I ain't a scared...
hide.gif
.... :laugh:
One cannot say Rubb because the range is not predictable. It depends on the devices and the environment. It could work only within one meter. It could be one hundred meters or even more if both devices are the latest Bluetooth standard. You would have had to test the two applicable devices before you two split.
"one meter" So like maybe right outside my door?
Like maybe,listening.
eye brow.gif

I'm sure it's all good...No Fear right...:thumbsup:............
help.gif

You guys will say something nice at "The Service" right....
boohoo.gif

Rubb.

Hey Bro's I was putzing on the Org when a small notification window appeared in the bottom right of my screen. Window asked if I wanted to connect a cell phone.
Was the cellphone in range of my laptop? Why would my laptop attempt to recognize her phone. She has/had a restraining order put against her by the court...it was something the law wanted,it wasn't my choice,but it was a good idea.
I do not fear this person physically or anything but was she right outside my door perhaps? The restraining order was for 2 years which is prolly over,unkown to me as I don't really care. Even if I saw her close by I would just ignore the deal...she has her demons,I can't help her with those any more. Idea's? I was not qwik enuff for a screen shot of the alert but here's what I did get.
(I changed the name/iPhone pin to protect the QUILTY) :laugh:
Rubb.

View attachment 1625170
OK I'm in no way going to say I'm an expert here, but my ex wife tracked me down and had me served on charges of attempting to kill stalk harass and freighten her. I had not seen or heard from her since they day the judge put the gavel down on our final divorce. This happened 10 years later.

I had to travel 2 states over to answer the charges. They were promptly dismissed. The judge called me to the bench and told me to get a Restraining Order against her because she was not mentally stable and had demonstrated she could track me down.

My state law did not allow for an RO because of the way the law was written. Instead they issued a Do Not Trespass against her. Good for 2 years. 2 months after the 2 years she calls me (a number with no ID). I answered it, not suspecting a thing. It was her! She said to me "This isn't over until I say it is". I would have recorded it if I knew it was going to be her.

I went to the PD and they contacted the PD where she lives. Legally she hasn't crossed any lines. She might be crazy but she is not stupid nor illiterate. She knows how to skirt the law. I like you am not afraid perse. But she obviously has some unresolved chyt in her head that have my name on them.

I'm not gonna lie, I look around in my travels nowadays. I will not assume she is not capable of doing me harm. The cops have told me she was contacted by her PD to advise her to knock it off. But that doesn't make me feel like she will heed those warnings.

I think your laptop is synced to your phone. My laptop rings 2 rings before my phone does. It's my cell signal that my laptop picks up via Bluetooth. No idea why it rings first.

Thanks @TallTom, I feel better now. :p
Actually,I think in their bizare little pea brains,these sorts of "make you think" type deals are huge victories for them. When I heard that the school bully was looking for me,I did not wait for "after school" I found his class,walked in,beat him good and bloody,took the however many days suspension,went home and told my Dad what happened. He would then crack a half smile,say nothing and walk away. My Mom was also fairly expressionless. Thing is...what do you do with an' angry woman. She stabbed me once.I walked away.She called police. She was convicted,jail time. Cried on the phone from jail,upon release,that she had no where to go. I invited her back,not to try and rekindle a romance,more just to be a nice guy. That's when she beat me with a bottle to the head while I was half asleep.I did not call police,a neighbor did. Convicted,jail time again. List of conditions,including a no contact order...that ends soon. :laugh:
Ahhhh...the good times.

Rubb.

Thanks @TallTom, I feel better now. :p
Actually,I think in their bizare little pea brains,these sorts of "make you think" type deals are huge victories for them. When I heard that the school bully was looking for me,I did not wait for "after school" I found his class,walked in,beat him good and bloody,took the however many days suspension,went home and told my Dad what happened. He would then crack a half smile,say nothing and walk away. My Mom was also fairly expressionless. Thing is...what do you do with an' angry woman. She stabbed me once.I walked away.She called police. She was convicted,jail time. Cried on the phone from jail,upon release,that she had no where to go. I invited her back,not to try and rekindle a romance,more just to be a nice guy. That's when she beat me with a bottle to the head while I was half asleep.I did not call police,a neighbor did. Convicted,jail time again. List of conditions,including a no contact order...that ends soon. :laugh:
Ahhhh...the good times.

Rubb.
Yeah you have a little fruitbat in you too. LOL.

I remember you telling us this story before. I thought you were a bit touched in the head the first time you told it. :)

Sorry but no Tang is worth any of the chyt you've put yourself through.

Back