put the busa up for sale

kitchener rider

I was cheap, so all I got was a lousy t-shirt
Registered
its time i think, put the bike up for sale to see what happens. bout 70% sure i will sell. If it does sell Im jumping ship suzuki has dropped the ball not bringing out anything new in years. have my eye on a newzx10 or a 2010 rsv4.. time will tell. but as Jason said to me the other night after he sold his busa all bikes will be compared to a busa.

both bikes are good choices,but i prefer the RSV4 for me because there aren't too many floating around these parts.

I personally love the new ZX-10 but you would have to be a contortionist to get on the dam thing. have you ever sat on one? it looks like one of them mini bikes that were popular a few years back. if your 5'2 115 lbs. then that's a great bike.

dam thing is fast as hell tho. seen it go 152 mph at the track this year with a pipe and tune with a crappy rider.

I really dont get why Suzuki has to bring something new to the table for everyone to get all excited tho. who keeps their bike stock anyway? just modify what you have and it will still be faster then anything Suzuki will make for the next 100 years.

what ball has been dropped? whats gonna be different about a newer Busa anyway? more CI? so what you can do that what you have. better suspension? you can do that with what you have? ABS, traction control? doesnt seem to be hurting performance now without it so who gives a chit. new colors? so paint urs.

too many people looking for solutions to problems that just dont exist with the current of older Busa's.

I personally love the new ZX-10 but you would have to be a contortionist to get on the dam thing. have you ever sat on one? it looks like one of them mini bikes that were popular a few years back. if your 5'2 115 lbs. then that's a great bike.
The ZX10 is IMO the best setting sport bike on the market for taller riders. I'm 6'2" and an '11-'12 10R is totally comfortable. I tried to trade my Busa for one last winter, but the dealerships weren't in the trading mood, so no go. I may try again for a '13 next spring. Another thought is keeping the Busa and buying a ZX6R outright. 6R feels as comfortable as the 10R to me, and is a better straight razor for twisties and track days.
Busa is a big, cushy ship, but I'm mainly only interested in corners, and the big bike definitely shows a weakness in that respect.

the 10 is very comfy for me.. and i think suzuki is lagging behind these days,

dam thing is fast as hell tho. seen it go 152 mph at the track this year with a pipe and tune with a crappy rider.

I really dont get why Suzuki has to bring something new to the table for everyone to get all excited tho. who keeps their bike stock anyway? just modify what you have and it will still be faster then anything Suzuki will make for the next 100 years.

what ball has been dropped? whats gonna be different about a newer Busa anyway? more CI? so what you can do that what you have. better suspension? you can do that with what you have? ABS, traction control? doesnt seem to be hurting performance now without it so who gives a chit. new colors? so paint urs.

too many people looking for solutions to problems that just dont exist with the current of older Busa's.

If you enjoy your bike and riding it it shouldn't matter what Suzuki is or isn't doing. Are you really going to sell a bike and take out another loan for a bike that has a few more hp and that's prob it? Id say stick with what you have cause the busa as it is now is still a bad mofo.

the 10 is very comfy for me.. and i think suzuki is lagging behind these days,
listen, im 6'0 tall 205 lbs which is average. if ur small and have short legs then im sure its a great bike for you. im not knocking the bike itself.

I absolutely love the bike and a have a couple friends who have them and rave about them (their tiny tho at 5'5 165 lbs. soaking wet) but most Busa owners could never fit on one of them. at least not for more then a few minutes without being terribly uncomfortable.

its a great track bike or corner carver but not something one would want to be on for long cruises. the Busa is a sport touring bike by definition. comparing the two is apples to oranges. my buddy who has a Ducati 1098 cant hang for more then 40 minutes or so without being very uncomfortable. the ZX-10 is no different but if ur buying a ZX-10 to go on cruises then you bought the wrong bike.

go to any race track and the Busa will still smoke anything there 99% of the time. so what exactly is lagging? are you under the assumption that every other bike manufactor there is stock and unmodified????

the Toyota Supra hasnt been made in over 14 years but any one ive ever seen on the street will smoke 9 out of 10 cars because those that own them have modified them. if ur lookn for a stock bike that has better performance and never plan on modifying then a ZX-14 is a great buy. but again, performance is relative to the type of riding ur gonna do. u wanna carve corners then buy a liter bike. you wanna go FAST then keep ur Busa and modify it.....:thumbsup:

DON'T DO IT! YOU WILL REGRET IT! Just sayin.. How do you know for sure that nothing new isn't coming out.. :please:

I've always heard the happiest days with a bike owner are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. That's BS! My saddest days are when I sold mine, period. My happiest days were when I was out riding.

P.

My first post in a long while. Get what ever makes you happy. But it will always be compared to the Busa. I did this, and I miss the Busa.

The ZX10 is IMO the best setting sport bike on the market for taller riders. I'm 6'2" and an '11-'12 10R is totally comfortable. I tried to trade my Busa for one last winter, but the dealerships weren't in the trading mood, so no go. I may try again for a '13 next spring. Another thought is keeping the Busa and buying a ZX6R outright. 6R feels as comfortable as the 10R to me, and is a better straight razor for twisties and track days.
Busa is a big, cushy ship, but I'm mainly only interested in corners, and the big bike definitely shows a weakness in that respect.
I love my '12 Zuk 1K Tom and I can ride it all day without discomfort.

Whatever choice you make, have fun and give us a review....with pictures please!

If you think shifting bikes will give your riding a boost , go right ahead. The idea is to ride and ENJOY IT. There enough bikes out there to cater to every requirement. Irnonically, busa ticks maximum number of boxes.

Yup they may be a little behind right now but as I look at it they deserve a break since the big bad busa sat on the throne for 11years. Sorry but its good when you can keep a new bike on top for 2years so 11 is damm good.

Ride the RSV4 before ya plunk down the money, I rode one a few years back along with an S1000RR. I hated the RSV4, it handled good, not as good as the bimmer, but it almost vibrated my hands off and the seat was cast iron I think :lol:

I'm no expert, but please ride it 20-30mi before ga buy

its a vicious circle in a year or two the suzuki will be back on top and everybody will be saying the same thing about kawasaki..... its never ending change. Go out and ride a bmw k1300s if you want something different now thats a comfy bike and still has major balls

Back