Put my deposit down, 04' LE leftover

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
Well guys, I placed my deposit. I went in search of a 05' LE and came up with a best price of $10,800 delivered in the New England area. I was taliking with a dealer in CT who said he couldn't get any more 05's (he sold his limit) but had a brand new 04' LE still in the crate, I could take it for $9400 delivered. I'm not a big fan of red, but it seemed to be the right deal. I went Saturday and placed my deposit along with my first mod, a set of 1.5 inch risers to be installed during assembly. I have an old lower back injury that the riding position may aggrevate. It's been a few years since I've owned a sportbike. I spent the last three years on an 02' Warrior. I will miss her but have the sporting itch again. I sold her for $14,000 after having invested over $22,000. I am just not smiling with her anymore. I did paint, chrome, a 280 Coversion, Patrick Racing motor rebuild etc...

It was just time. Hope this fills the need. I am placing my order for a Tobin this week along with the taillight intergrator kit from CI and have plans for a PC3 and full exhaust and pipes after the 600 mile service. Oh yeah gotta chop that mudflap off and peel all the safety stickers etc...

Grumpy

Anybody wanna see pics of the Warrior?

using logic... exactly what makes a dealer think that we are silly enough to believe that Suzuki is gonna say... "No, you can't sell any more of our product. You've already sold your limit."

I mean I know walmart has a limit on how many packs of q-tips you can buy.. they don't wanna flood the market or whatever.

I think what your dealer meant to say is "I have this 04 left that I need to get rid of.... how about I make you a pretty decent price on it and you settle for the color that you don't really want?"

just my opinion.. Ted may be able to answer whether there truly _IS_ a "limit" on how many they can sell or not.. but my money is on BS.

get the one ya want man,,,, even if it costs more.

Ego's is point on...If you can live with the color and deal that's cool...

Personally, I love the '04 LE. Like the others said, though, buy what you like. Regardless, the Busa will put that smile back on your face
smile.gif

I like the red '04 SE. That's one great color on the Busa! When I was deciding on an '05 color I considered the red & black but figured it would draw too much unwanted attention so I went with Blue & Silver instead. What brand risers did you purchase?

Hey Grumpy,
I'm trying to do the same switch. Give me a holler with a comparison if you can. It looks like the Busa is the only bike out there that can meet the RSW's torque and outshine it (big time) on the top end.

I heard that from two different dealers, The local one to me said they could swap one with somebody else but they wanted $11,500 to take it home. Whatever the deal was the leftover 04' seemed like a sweet deal.

The risers were either Jenmar? or Helibar? whatever they could get in time for assembly with the bike.

How has the TOBIN and how do you like it?

If I attach a file will it show as a photo or a downloadable file or do need to host it somewhere else. evry board seems to have it's own rules...

XV I know I'll be happy with the change but I'll let ya' know. It will be nice to be able to go over 90 without feeling like a sail in the wind...

Grumpy

Ya, I went with a cafe cowl on mine and the more narrow (and taller) dubble t's for a v-star and that helped mine considerably. That with the solo seat (lower) gave me a more upright seating position and the cafe does a decent job of taking wind off my chest.
955012bikecowl006.jpg

My back (sciatia) tho gets set off after about 45 mins of riding as my knees on the rsw are actually higher than my hips.

Well guys, I placed my deposit.  I went in search of a 05' LE and came up with a best price of $10,800 delivered in the New England area.  I was taliking with a dealer in CT who said he couldn't get any more 05's (he sold his limit) but had a brand new 04' LE still in the crate, I could take it for $9400 delivered.  I'm not a big fan of red, but it seemed to be the right deal.  I went Saturday and placed my deposit along with my first mod, a set of 1.5 inch risers to be installed during assembly.  I have an old lower back injury that the riding position may aggrevate.  It's been a few years since I've owned a sportbike.  I spent the last three years on an 02' Warrior.  I will miss her but have the sporting itch again.  I sold her for $14,000 after having invested over $22,000.  I am just not smiling with her anymore.  I did paint, chrome, a 280 Coversion, Patrick Racing motor rebuild etc...

It was just time.  Hope this fills the need.  I am placing my order for a Tobin this week along with the taillight intergrator kit from CI and have plans for a PC3 and full exhaust and pipes after the 600 mile service.  Oh yeah gotta chop that mudflap off and peel all the safety stickers etc...

Grumpy

Anybody wanna see pics of the Warrior?
I would try the stock riding position first, you may find that it causes less strain on you back that sitting more upright.

Kevin

Some pics of the Warrior, Gotta snap some more before she gets picked up. Newer parts on the bike now, forks covers, swing arm end caps, exhaust, stays, foot controls etc...

T_Day_071x.jpg

Back