Put my Bus in a ditch this morning

Busa Jules

Little blue pill, M.Ed.
Donating Member
Registered
No.... not the BUSA.... I just started driving a SCHOOL BUS on a route through little back country roads. This morning it was raining and I backed too far and ended up with one wheel.... the drive wheel... in the ditch.
wowold.gif

Needless to say I was 30 minutes late with the kids to school (at least I'm a teacher so I was late too)
banghead.gif

Now we are watching Forrest Gump because I am in no mood to teach..... I HATE RAIN!!!!
guns.gif
RAIN
guns.gif
Backing out of Dirt Roads
guns.gif
The Sexist guys at the bus barn who say I can't drive

guns.gif

guns.gif

Kind of a sideway wheelie.... the other back tire was on pavement... but wouldn't pull... Dang School Busses need POSI-TRACTION!!! Come on!! 4x4 School Bus!!!

they have those in some places ... guess you dont live far enough out into the sticks
laugh.gif

glad you made it out ok, nothing wrong with a movie day in class
cool.gif

does not take much to "stick" a big truck like that with only 1 drive wheel... IMO a school bus is harder to drive than an 18 just because of wheelbase and that blasted overhang around the back side...

Guess it would not have gone over very well had you used your little carpet crawlers to push/pull the bus forward a couple feet huh?
laugh.gif

I was going to have them push.. heck they're in HIGH SCHOOL!! but it was slinging mud everywhere...... Believe me it crossed my mind!!!

Dang I shoulda took pictures!!! I was too busy directing traffic in the rain!

I gotta do this...... 300th post!!! in my OWN THREAD!!!

Something good came out of today!!!

If you can't drive a BUS what are you doing on a Busa. Just kidding Jules. Glad everyone is ok.

Don

I don't have to back my Busa up!!! And it isn't 3 car lengths long!!

(Except when my husband had to push me up a little hill out of a gutter on the side of the road where we parked because I couldn't push it backwards
blush.gif
... I learned to park backed in) Man I'm pretty useless going backwards!!!!
banghead.gif

Had me worried for a minute.

But yeah, you shoulda got pics, that woulda been aweseome
thumb_up.gif

a bus full of highschoolers? I can guarantee that there are at least 2 or 3 shots of this thing on a cell phone
rofl.gif
they will surface at the worst possible moment I am sure...

yeah that is true!!! I'll have to see if anyone got any pics... I LOVE MY STUDENTS!!!

I dont know how many of you have been to the Gulfport / Biloxi area but the roads over there are too narrow (and congested) for my Eclipse!

Hats off to anyone who can drive a freaking bus on those roads!
bowdown.gif

Back