Pushing gas out the tank

Nutt1100

Registered
I have a 02 busa with a stage 1 turbo kit everytime it gets hot mostly in the afternoon it pushes gas out the top of the tank. Normally u can"t here the fuel pump but on a hot day it screams then her comes the fuel. This dont happen at night

Not an expert. Fuel pressure normal ? Yes , check gas cap and gasket. No, check / replace regulator. You didn't say the bike was running hot so I didn't mention any steps to cool the bike.

Is the tank vent / overflow hose open ?

Exactly so.... I still think this is likely the problem.

Since you claim the gas expulsion only happens when it's hot, this suggests the vent line is occluded, by not completely blocked.

If this indeed is the problem.... then WD-40 and compressed air are your friends! :beerchug:

Yes the over flow is open. If the fuel pump goes crazy would that cause it to push fuel out the cap

I would think that the fuel pump would actually pull a vacuum on the tank, not certain. I think it pulls fuel from the tank vs. pushing. I know that fuel injected cars typically pressurize the tanks but I;ve never heard a pressure release when opening the Busa tank. Not sure, just bumping this thread until an expert sees it.

Back