Push Rod Wont Go In

This is my 1st time doing services on my new bike. I took the front sprocket cover off and just kind of left it there while I finished up the oil change. After the oil change I started to the bike which means pulling in the clutch and now that I'm back trying to put the sprkt cover back the push rod will not go all the way in. Plus ive found two little pieces next two my bike that Idk what they are. Ill post pics of them in a sec.HELP PLZ.

Not an expert but I have had a similar problem. He is what I would do:

1. Put the rod on a flat surface and rolled it. This will tell you if the rod is bent, even slightly. I put it back in with a little lube spray on it. But push it in firmly - I wouldn't bang on it with a hammer or anything.
2. Cycle the clutch by pulling the lever a few times then see if the rod will go in all the way.
3. Assuming you know how to service the clutch fluid, remove the clutch line on the actuator. This should remove the hydraulic pressure so the rod can be pushed in. Always protect everything from hydraulic fluid it eats paint, skin, etc. You'll have to service the fluid when you are done though. Be sure to get all the bubbles out.

That's what I did. Again, there are experts on here that can tell you more and better tricks.

Not an expert but I have had a similar problem. He is what I would do:

1. Put the rod on a flat surface and rolled it. This will tell you if the rod is bent, even slightly. I put it back in with a little lube spray on it. But push it in firmly - I wouldn't bang on it with a hammer or anything.
2. Cycle the clutch by pulling the lever a few times then see if the rod will go in all the way.
3. Assuming you know how to service the clutch fluid, remove the clutch line on the actuator. This should remove the hydraulic pressure so the rod can be pushed in. Always protect everything from hydraulic fluid it eats paint, skin, etc. You'll have to service the fluid when you are done though. Be sure to get all the bubbles out.

That's what I did. Again, there are experts on here that can tell you more and better tricks.

15143889332041179227040.jpg
1514388988827410924489.jpg
Okay thank you...these are the two tiny pieces that Idk what they are or what they came off of. I just kinda noticed them next to the bike. Any ideas on what they are?

to the OP... please ... next time u do any services to your bike.... dont go in willy nilly taking things apart... do ure homework first... or get with frank.... PS... every single time I have done anything to my bike... oil changes... putting a 10" over swingarm on it.... putting an exhaust on it... ANYTHING.. I always wished afterward that frank did the work and not me... food for thought... that swingarm was a MAJOR pain in the ass,..

Thanks for all the help and advice but since I'm a noon to motorcycle mechanics I'm gonna have to pay for this lesson because my mechanic buddy is out of town for the holidays so I'm about to load it up and take it to the stealership. I don't want to take any chancea on anything involving the clutch

Thanks for all the help and advice but since I'm a noon to motorcycle mechanics I'm gonna have to pay for this lesson because my mechanic buddy is out of town for the holidays so I'm about to load it up and take it to the stealership. I don't want to take any chancea on anything involving the clutch
Don’t let a simple job like that intimidate you. I don’t know for you, but for me, working on my bike is as satisfying as riding it. Put the two sleeves back in the corresponding holes, so that the two bolts go through them when you install cover back on and if you do like fallenarch said, you can get the pushorod back in and then bleed your clutch. All you ya to do is put your bike in gear and see if it rolls when you pull clutch in and stops when you let out (this is with engine off) and if it does, you are good to go.

I take pictures as I go and put the parts in baggies so I know what they are a part of. This is a major help. But the manual is available on here somewhere for free.

I always do that too. Whip up a quick tutorial for yourself so you know what to expect next time. If it's clear enough, post it.

I have never removed my busa's sprocket cover but if you removed the slave, it most definitely would have expanded from fluid pressure alone but if you pulled the clutch lever, you are very lucky that did not fall right out. What is often done is a C clamp is applied to keep the cylinder in.

Long/short, if you removed the slave, it is now protruding inward about a quarter inch or more too far, not the pushrod sticking out too far. Squeeze the cylinder back in with your fingers. Constant pressure, it will go. Bolt it up before it pops out again.

Was that it?

Don't bring it to a shop over that.

I just dropped it at the shop. When my mechanic buddy is available we will go back thru and he'll show me what I was doing wrong. I love to work on my bike but since I am new to it I dont want to risk further damaging anything or not installing something right. I will take this as a lesson learned and next time I wont touch the clutch whenever I remove the front sprocket cover. Thanks y'all for giving me guidance even though I didn't know how to put it to good use

I just dropped it at the shop. When my mechanic buddy is available we will go back thru and he'll show me what I was doing wrong. I love to work on my bike but since I am new to it I dont want to risk further damaging anything or not installing something right. I will take this as a lesson learned and next time I wont touch the clutch whenever I remove the front sprocket cover. Thanks y'all for giving me guidance even though I didn't know how to put it to good use

Back