Push Pins

BadWeather

Registered
Well got te bike all put back together sorta. I had all the plastic off both sides plus the front. After I put it all back together I ended up needing one more small push pin and have two large push pins left over. I don't think they multiplied or killed each other over the winter. I'm sure I'll figure out where they go but my god this is the hardest bike to work on I have ever owned and I've owned more then I can count. Even the wireing is cut just to the exact length so you cannot get to it the connectors by pulling a little slack. Sorry just needed to vent.

Those two large pins go on the holes by the clipons. The "side fairing tops". Those black things... By the bars.

Those two large pins go on the holes by the clipons. The "side fairing tops". Those black things... By the bars.
Or from the center of the front scoop fairing, can be seen from very bottom of bike up front! OR they are the two that are underneath the right/left black cover panels up in the dash! Or they are from the air scoop up front! Beneath your headlight and below the radiator, there are two that hold the center scoop behind the wheel. Last but no least there are two large ones that hold the wing fairing on at the very aft of the fairing... This should just about cover everyone of the large plastic rivets...
smile.gif

Something else to add to this, how do you get those flush mount plastic pins out of the nose area under the headlight? You can push them out from behind if you can get back there but that is not possible with the fairing installed. The head light bulb change out section says to just remove those pins and remove the underfairing to access those bulbs. Those pins have me stumped.
guns.gif

sad.gif

I thought the headlight housing was really easy to remove, been living in an error I guess.
I'm just about to receive my HID, and now I'm really concerned :S

argue.gif

Something else to add to this, how do you get those flush mount plastic pins out of the nose area under the headlight? You can push them out from behind if you can get back there but that is not possible with the fairing installed. The head light bulb change out section says to just remove those pins and remove the underfairing to access those bulbs. Those pins have me stumped.
guns.gif
The small ones you just push the center in with a small allen wrench or something else small. You only push it in half way and pull the entire piece out...
winkold.gif

The big ones you just use a flat blade and pop them off...
thumb_up.gif

don't forget the one hiding in the back left side if your looking from the front. You have to get to it by feel.

Something else to add to this, how do you get those flush mount plastic pins out of the nose area under the headlight?  You can push them out from behind if you can get back there but that is not possible with the fairing installed.  The head light bulb change out section says to just remove those pins and remove the underfairing to access those bulbs.  Those pins have me stumped.
guns.gif
Getting them out was easy,( for adjustment of headlight) putting them back in I used a suction cup to hold the panel down while I pushed them up and locked the centers.

Dont forget the two big pins for the rear tire rock collector.

So on the little ones under the headlight, how do you pull the little center down after you get the pin in or do you push the pin in with the center lock already flush?

When installing them the center is popped out! When its flush (edges) and installed in the hole, pop the little center in until its even with the rest of the rivet head! Now she's installed.... IF the center pushes beyond even its undone, you must start over!

I use a ball point pen, incase I slip, I dont scratch the paint, push in easy about a 1/4 inch then pull out with fingernails
beerchug.gif

Back