Push Pins

Bruce Bell

Registered
Napa has push pins for the fairings. Part number is *665-2387*, 3 per bag for $4.99. Don't know if that's cheap, but Napas are everywhere.

A little on the high side considering I picked up a 10 pack of aftermarket for $5.99 at the dealer that are identical to OEM. Granted Napa is closer, but only by a couple miles.

$4.99 / 3 = $1.66
$5.99 / 10 = .59

Napa has push pins for the fairings. Part number is *665-2387*, 3 per bag for $4.99. Don't know if that's cheap, but Napas are everywhere.

This is what happened to me:
I lost one of the push-pins on the instrument panel.
Purchased one of the Napa pins and stuck it in.
Could not see the difference, looked fine.
Then a LEO stopped me to get my autograph, happens all the time.
Enough autographs for one year, so I did not stop.
While looking at the LEO dissappearing real fast in my mirror, the speedo went to 190mph.
The one Napa pin came loose.
It started floating inside the console, riding in the turbulance of the wind.
With my rev-limiter causing some hunting of the bike, the speedo now read 203mph.
The pin floated up to the top of screen.
It then hit the bottom of my Shoei so hard, that it got stuck inbetween my teeth.
I sneezed and accidentally swallowed it, while spraying the inside of my visor.
Then something really weird happened, the pin worked it's way out of my system, followed by a spurt of methane gas.
It was so bad, it burnt a hole in my leathers.
The gas mixed with the Busa exhaust gasses and caused a methane jet fire.
One mile later I pulled into my driveway, into the garage and ran for the bathroom.
Next day there was an article in the Pinehurst times, the heading read:
"Rocket biker escapes the law"

Moral of the story: Buy only genuine OEM parts for your Suzuki!!!:rulez:

Darn, guess I have go back and do some work now, that was 5 minutes of my lunch hour and it is a real slow day here.:laugh:

Back