Purty New Chain & Rear Sprocket

piratediverjefff

Registered
Just finished installing a new Vortex Cat5 44T black sprocket and EK ZVX2 X-Ring black chain(only 2500 miles on the stock ones but couldn't stand to look at that fugly stuff any longer:laugh:).

sprocketandchainswap008.jpg

I really hope yor replace the front sprocket also?

Just finished installing a new Vortex Cat5 44T black sprocket and EK ZVX2 X-Ring black chain(only 2500 miles on the stock ones but couldn't stand to look at that fugly stuff any longer:laugh:).

sprocketandchainswap008.jpg

Nice. I just purchased the Vortex 45T. Heard mixed reviews. Can't wait to see how they do.

It seems from the picture that the chain is tighter than it needs to be. Maybe?

Have just over an inch of slack in it but will dbl. check when i take it off the lift and before i ride.:thumbsup:

(will probably put a bit more in it today,better a little loose than tight:thumbsup:)

I really hope yor replace the front sprocket also?

In all fairness GIXER...i can honestly say i forget about the front sprocket until you mentioned it but am hoping with only 2500 miles on it will not cause any accelerated wear on the new chain(just a sign of old age bro,thanks for keeping an eye on me:laugh::thumbsup:).

You need to remember, that the front sprocket, is a 3 to 1 ratio.
Yes it is made of steel , but it does wear, may be not a visual wear, but it does!
And with the price of a front sprocket at $20 it is cheep insurance!
In all fairness GIXER...i can honestly say i forget about the front sprocket until you mentioned it but am hoping with only 2500 miles on it will not cause any accelerated wear on the new chain(just a sign of old age bro,thanks for keeping an eye on me:laugh::thumbsup:).

Happy with the Vortex 45 T I have on my 14. It does show some wear after 10 K miles but Still plenty of life. Love the colored chains by EK!! Black is sweet. Will always look clean. :laugh: if yu reallygot some stones you go with a white chain!!

not sure an alloy sprocket will take the brutal power and torque of the busa,.
but it does look nice.

mine is still on the std Suzuki chain and sprocket with 195 rwhp and 24,000 miles, good for another 6,000 +:laugh:

Back