Pure gas location site

Been using www.GasBuddy.com for cheap gas *

GasBuddylogo.png

According to Costco gas employees in BC their premium here also doesn't have ethanol but I use chevron 94 octane for the extra buck it costs to fill a tank why not get the extra punch.

According to Costco gas employees in BC their premium here also doesn't have ethanol but I use chevron 94 octane for the extra buck it costs to fill a tank why not get the extra punch.
Unless your at 14.1 compression or something crazy (turbo/N20) you're losing power. Always ALWAYS run the lowest possible octane rating for best performance. The higher the octane, the less power it makes. If you're running a stock engine internals, use 87 or 89. You'll make more HP, promise

I do not find lack of power a problem but storing a motorcycle through the winter is. Ethonal sucking up moisture is a major issue on long term storage. Even with marine additives for gas stablization. So here whenever possible I run ethonal free. That and my owners manual says to run 91 octane. I'm not going to start a debate. Just posting it for information

On a stock motor with no timing changes you want to run the lowest octane possible. A bike with mods and a good tuner e85 is where it's at. You can make more power with it cause you can run more timing. Gen 4 zx10r can gain 5 whp just from a e85 tune. With the right tuner.

We have seen notable increases in performance at the strip with E85 in a stock Gen-2 Busa with only fueling changes (no timing changes). Octane of E85 is typically 105-108. Octane is not the only factor in choosing a performance fuel.

Good info here:

https://vpracingfuels.com/about-us/faq/

Ethanol does come with some baggage. I wouldn't let a bike sit in storage with ethanol fuel in the tank. Also, E85 varies in percentage so it is best to check what you are getting for consistent performance.

Use what you want, I just wanted to let the rest of the forum know that if you use 94 octane, there is no "extra punch" Facts are you will actually have "less punch".
Yes that's a common misconception. Slower fuel burn wasted a lot of gas expansion. I store my bikes from first of November sometimes sooner until the second major rainstorm in the spring after the last salting. So it can be a long sit some winters :(

I run ethanol free VP T4(100 octane)and VP ethanol free Small Engine(94 octane)in my Honda 2007 CRF 450R dirt bike.It's a carbed model with 12 to 1 compression and can run hot in our summer heat and also sit for extended periods of time between outings so don't have to worry about detonation and carb getting gummed up(and bike always starts on first kick with crisp throttle response).Fairly expensive at about $85 for 5 gal. cans but lasts me forever,have yet to burn over a gallon per outing on a MX track which beats the piss out of my old ass.:laugh: :super:

Back