PURA VIDA!

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
Just returned home from a week in Costa Rica.
The wife was there on business (for a couple of days in San Jose), but the kids and I went down on vacation.
When the time came to leave... I was sad.
No phones, no cell phones, no pagers, no internet, no distractions at all...

What a beautiful place... beautiful scenery, people, beaches, waves, mountains... all in all, a beautiful place.

We stayed in Jaco at a place called "Balcon del Mar"... Balcony by the Sea.
Our apartment / hotel over-looked the surf break.
We would get up early and go for walks down the beach and play in the surf & sand.
Then at 7:30am we would have breakfast while over-looking the beach.
One morning we got to watch monkeys play in the trees next to were we were sitting.

The kids spent many hours surfing the inside break (2 - 3 foot) of some fairly powerful waves (6 - 10 foot consistently).

We spent a day horse back riding through the mountains and rain forest... breath taking.

I have many pics and videos from the trip... feel free to check them out on my web site:

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/cstringer/costa_rica.htm

There are a few mis-guided thumbnails that I will fix in the next couple of days.

...Pura Vida...

It was nice to remove the things that do not matter from our lives for a brief amount of time... it helps put things into the proper perspective.

If things work out with my wife's Ehthanol Plant... we will be moving there in about a year and a half.

Domain Gone

Domain Gone

Domain Gone

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118671506 -->

Awesome pics Stringer, looks like the Family had a great time. How was the food?

Looks like a good time...and someone was complaining about going a few weeks ago.
smile.gif

Nice pics.. and beautiful family!  Glad ya'll had a nice getaway..
cool.gif

Looks like you and the Family had one heck of a time. Thanks for sharing the pics.

All we need now is a burlap sack of coffee beans and you'll fit right in.
smile.gif

Kev
I was at a state of peace there... no distractions... just the things that matter.

I know you can relate
wink.gif

Then this morning our preacher was talking about the significance of ministry work abroad... the wife and I thought he was speaking directly to us.

Who knows... everything happens for a reason... and he is always in control.

smile.gif

Kev
I was at a state of peace there... no distractions... just the things that matter.

I know you can relate  
wink.gif

Then this morning our preacher was talking about the significance of ministry work abroad... the wife and I thought he was speaking directly to us.

Yes, I can relate, I plan on relating in about 4 weeks in Bolivia, and then again maybe in about 3 months in Honduras.

Kev

smile.gif

Kev

I know you can relate
wink.gif

Yes, I can relate, I plan on relating in about 4 weeks in Bolivia, and then again maybe in about 3 months in Honduras.

Kev
Need any help
wink.gif

wink.gif

smile.gif

Kev

I know you can relate  
wink.gif

Kev
Need any help  
wink.gif
Check your PM

wink.gif

Back