pulling decals

AZ Glen

Registered
I guess this is more of a warning than a message. I started by pulling off the small tail section sticker as a test and it came off realy easy. So I thought great! lets pull off the big sticker on the lowers.....nope. I guess due to the motor heat they were bonded to the lowers. I tried everything to get the sticker/glue off and it made a mess...... I ended up repainting my lowers.

But anyway....I like it much better.

lauras 271.jpg

lauras 270.jpg

lauras 269.jpg

Repainting? Man all you had to do is go to a small independant sign shop, they have an adhesive remover that takes off glue with minimal effort, how do you think we remove the glue from vehicle wraps?

clean bike. I like'em schoolbus long too:rofl: my brother has a 4inch arm with extensions thats CRAZY long.

I pulled all my decals off with WD-40, put it on and set plastics in directsunlight.:thumbsup:

Dude Im right there with you, I have yanked them all off my bike and pretty easily until I came to the Large Kanjis on the lower fairings. What a pain, and yea I tried it all, Heat gun / Goo-gone / WD-40 / Veg oil / Adhesive remover, The sticker itself came off pretty easy but the glue didnt budge. Did the best I could then took them to a local shop to have them finish it off. Turned out nice but not sure I would do it again.

===================================================================

NEW BIKE PICS 017.jpg

Repainting? Man all you had to do is go to a small independant sign shop, they have an adhesive remover that takes off glue with minimal effort, how do you think we remove the glue from vehicle wraps?

Trust me.... I run a large body shop and I know all the tricks.

Heat, goo off, I even tried the rubber eraser wheels that we use in the shop and nothing would get the glue off. LIke mentioned above, the sticker came off easy but the glue stuck.

since I run a shop it was easy to repaint them.....

Last edited:
I REALLY LIKES THAT BIKE , IF MINE WAS ANY OTHER COLOR BESIDES BLACK THAT WOULD BE THE COLOR FOR SURE . WHAT SWINGARM ARE YOU USING AND WHERE DID YOU GET IT . :thumbsup:

I REALLY LIKES THAT BIKE , IF MINE WAS ANY OTHER COLOR BESIDES BLACK THAT WOULD BE THE COLOR FOR SURE . WHAT SWINGARM ARE YOU USING AND WHERE DID YOU GET IT . :thumbsup:

Stock swingarm, Extensions from BALLZMOTORSPORTS

sorry demmy , i was talking about the other bike . Mine was your 07 red before it got black and i went with r.toyz ext. But i bought another black 07 and i'm looking at doing a built swing arm . Thanks though .
stock swingarm, extensions from ballzmotorsports

I hear they come off easier when the bike is new. I took mine off with a hair dryer and goo be gone. The hardest ones were the warning stickers on the gas tank.

I have used lighter fluid in the past to remove the adhesive. Lots of rubbing with dampened rag slowly takes it off. I have never had it damage the paint.

I have 2 bikes a busa of course and gsxr 750 i took the stickers of the 750 and used Off bug spray to remove the adhesive and it came right off I then wash the fairings and waxed them and they look great

Back