Puig, ZG or Sportech Windscreen?

02BusaMark

Registered
I've been looking back in the forum and have seen guys choosing different screens for different reasons. Looking to replace my stock screen with a clear aftermarket screen on my gen 1, but not quite sure which brand or model. Some research showed the double bubble for both ZG and Puig look good on the bike. Had a Sportech on my old GSX-R and liked the look, but I want to say it started to crack on both sides. Guess I need a little help here.

Looking for a somewhat taller than stock screen that I can see through and mount a camera. While wind protection is nice, its not necessary as most miles are spent laying on the tank bag rather than the tank.

Recommendations?

Fit and finish of my Puig is just as good if not better than factory if that helps your decision. Mine is dark smoke so I can't comment on optical clarity. :beerchug:

puig is thick ,very durable under stress, great wind protection & double bubble looks good.

2013-01-12_13-18-59_317.jpg

I had the Puig but it sat too high for my taste and sold it. bought the ZG which sits a little lower and looks more stream line imo. the smoke looks cool but I couldnt see chit when tucked behind it WOT so I went clear and will never own anything other then clear again.

Looking for a somewhat taller than stock screen that I can see through and mount a camera. While wind protection is nice, its not necessary as most miles are spent laying on the tank bag rather than the tank.

Recommendations?

On previous bikes, I spent a million dollars and years of my life trying to find the perfect windshield. Unfortunately, the perfect motorcycle windscreen does not exist. They are all compromises. You may already know this. I had to do the research myself :pullhair:

For my Gen 1, I just sent a few twenties to Pashnit and he sent me back a clear ZG ST shield... demo'd and discounted. I didn't ever look back. I put about 7000 touring miles on it last summer. I'm sure there are other solutions better or just as good, but this works fine for me.

I don't think you'll find a Busa shield tall enough to see through. Those kinds of shields are for old men on Wings. As you can see in this photo, the top of the ZG just clears the tank bag. No way I could look through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
PUIG here are the only 3 photos I could find that show the windscreen half way decent. This is the Dark Smoke from PUIG. Hope this helps :beerchug:

175500_4754042206305_2067076393_o.jpg

285793_4657762919383_541191086_n.jpg

885488_10200464584834479_977909074_o[1].jpg

I have had all three on my last bike.

ZG and Puig were almost equal, with Sporttech a distant third. The sporttec fit the worst and held up the worst. THe other two fit and looked great

Just pics. I've used about 10 different screens likely at least. Have a bunch on the wall that were used a month or two then I swapped out, really ought to sell them off. I think I've got 5-6 for the Gen-I and 3-4 so far for the Gen-II.

I use the clear ZG ST screen during winter as it's the tallest available for the busa for long-travel weekends.

Zero Gravity
Buy Now is here: Buy Now: Zero Gravity Windshields | Pashnit Moto

We're also a Puig dealer too:
Puig is slightly thicker, but again, it's a looks thing:
Buy now: Custom Hayabusa Windscreens For Sale

ZG DB light smoke vs stock (I hated the stock)

6650107027_c74f74a2fd_b.jpg

Installed on bike:

6650107125_a314fe90da_b.jpg

6650107231_f457370814_b.jpg

6879529901_76ca461cb7_b.jpg

6828232547_9e1b6ce1dc_b.jpg

6828233083_27c0f808c4_b.jpg

Not too high, not too low

7179197823_ca99beec36_b.jpg

After seeing more pics of all three, Puig definitely has the style and lines I'm looking for. The Z-Racing looks like the model to order of that brand. If anything I've gotta start somewhere.

Hmmm, as much as I planned on clear, light smoke has an awesome look to it. N2Deep, I didn't think I would ever be able to appreciate a red windscreen on a bike, but DAM that is dead sexy!

You know, its the action photos that capture the usefulness of the screen. The photos of the bikes with tankbags or the Pashnit photo with rain- those were very helpful.

If you dont care about wind then you might not want the MRA Vario but I think it looks good and it really smooths out the wind.
IMG_0902_zps6fa1f973.jpg

Back