Puig DB windshield question

bmoffett

Registered
Does anyone know if Puig has corrected the problem of dashboard melt on their DB windshields yet. I want to order a black windscreen but I don't want my dash melted. Thanks

4_20_08_99.jpg

Humm I live in Fl where sun is nice and warm and have no issues with my Puig DB. No light passes through my DB though is solid black.

I don't know if they have fixed it. I know they still put the warning on a sticker on it however.

BS

Ok my Puig is like 3-4 months old bought new.

Went and looked at what all came with it and yes iI can confirm there is a warning sticker on it. It states word for word....

WARNING: According to the direction the bike is parked on sunny sports,the sunbeams may cause a magnifying glass effect that can melt the panels. We advise not to leave the bike on a sunny spots;in case there is no other option,the bike should be pointing the sun because the effect can only be caused if the sunbeams fall on the interior part of the windscreen.
Motoplastic decline any responsibility on damages originating by the no observation of this warning.
No magnifying glass effect.Park
Magnifying glass effect.Do not park.

had my puig DB for a month or so no probs, I did see that warning sticker and I dont get how "sunbeams could hit the interior part of the windscreen"? but whatever seems like it would have to be at a certian angle to the sun, the sun would have to be at a certian place in the sky relative the the angle of the bike and yada yada, im not stressing about it..

That has to be the most retarded warning I have ever seen
wtf.gif
. If there is a problem with the screen melting the dash they should fix the problem, do they really expect you to "only park in the sun if there is no other option"?

Are they worried about the fact that there is a fuel tank connected to the dash?

There were quite a few people on the RC51 forums that had the double bubble screens melt the tops of their dashes.

I'm not a big fan of that kind of windscreen anyway, but yeah, that would suck to have that happen. :\

ya iv heard of this problem but i have never seen it happen, my dad and i have used puig DB screens on all the bikes we have had and not one problem ie..06 cbr 1000RR, 07 zx-10R,1998 cbr1100xx,06 zx-14,and 2-08 hayabusa's

i have had my screen on for about 4 months, through a very hot summer with no problems until today a few weeks into autumn and some very mild weather i have noticed the center of my tacho needle has melted toward the edge,definitely not there a few days ago
not happy

Just off on a bit of a tangent question here: How much do you guys love your DB windscreens? I am thinking about swapping out the stock screen for a ZG or Puig DB for better wind protection and less buffeting. Does it make a huge difference in lessening fatigue on longer rides?

I have a light color smoke screen like a Double bubble, But the Puig Screen has a kenja logo and the bottom half of the screen is BLACK.

I had to put the double bubble screen back on to record video.

Had a Puig DB on my last bike and had no problems with it. I think they put the warning on there to be on the safe side.

Back